Sunday, April 12, 2015

Beautiful Roses


Roses, I think, are loved by everyone!   In the crafting world, they are so beautiful on any card or project and make you feel good.  Susan Tierney-Cockburn has dies to create many different sizes of roses and they always look so real when created.  Today I have used Susan's Garden Rose 1 dies, which create the largest rose in her collection, to design this card.  For the background, I used a sheet of design paper from a Janneke Brinkman-Salentijn Paper Pad that was sent to me by a very dear friend in Holland.  I knew when I saw this piece of design paper that I wanted to create a pretty rose for it.  Behind the rose I added a Berry Branch from ECD.  The Sentiment is die out of the Happy Birthday PopUp die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  You not only get the PopUp die to create a fun card; you also get the dies for this beautiful sentiment.

 The rose and rose bud petals were die cut using light pink card stock.  I used both the light and dark pink Pan Pastels from Susan's Pan Pastels set to give the rose shading.  I was able to shape the petals to look very realistic using Susan's Tool Set.  The leaves were die cut using green card stock, then shaped with the leaf tool and lightly sponged with a little brown ink just for a little shading around the edges and down the center. 

 Here is another view.

These roses are very easy to create and will always be beautiful if you take the time to shape them with Susan's flower tools to make them look realistic.  If you have any questions about creating a rose, just let me know.

The products from Elizabeth Craft Designs are:


11 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful card Selma. My favourite Rose. Hugs Rita xxx

Cheryl W said...

Wow! This rose is amazing, Selma. You are such a master at creating these flowers.

Dr Sonia S V said...

The shading of the rose petals is Especially spectacular Selma....love it!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Anonymous said...

Yes you are a master at creating gorgeous flowers. This looks like Mother Nature created it! I think roses are your signature because every one is so perfect. Gorgeous card.

Hugs,
Sheila

Susan said...

Always perfect roses--& beautiful card!

Viv said...

Beautiful card and Roses Selma, you are really inspiring. Not made many flowers for a while but about to start again soon.Tfs ;) Viv xx

Glenda said...

I am without words to describe the beauty of these roses. You have the magic touch for sure! Stunning!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma, You make such beautiful flowers and these roses are especially gorgeous and realistic looking!

Kraftyaunt said...

How realistic looking! I can smell the soft rose scent as I sit here amazed at the paper roses! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Kraftyaunt has stolen my thoughts!!!! All I can say is "DITTO".

Mary Mac

MariLynn said...

Beautiful job shading your roses. They look spectacular.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails