Monday, April 6, 2015

Susan's Garden Coreopsis

 Don't these flowers look like they were just picked out of the flower garden!  I love how  Susan's Garden flower dies help us create  such realistic flowers.  I used her Coreopsis  dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs to decorate the lid of a 4" square box.  I plan to put a sentiment down in the lower right corner when I am ready to use it.



The flower petals were die cut using yellow card stock.  A red marker was used to color the base of each petal.  The stamen was cut using both yellow and red card stock.  Two red stamens were rolled together (one on top of the other) then one yellow stamen was rolled on the outside of the red ones.  I cut down the center of each stamen with scissors to make them frilly, before assembly.  I used Susan's Yellow Pollen on the tips of all the yellow stamens and just a little on the tips of the red.


Here is a picture of the entire box.  I decorated the bottom of the box with stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs.



  

8 comments:

Glenda said...

Your box is amazing! Those flowers look so beautiful and life like. Well done!

LISA said...

Love love love these flowers!!! I have most of Susans dies, now I NEED this one as well. Thank you for the inspiration!! xo

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! These flowers are SPECTULAR Selma. Yes they look like they were just picked. You are such a fabulous designer. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Hugs,
Sheila

Cheryl W said...

These flowers are beyond awesome. I just LOVE them! You have magic craft hands.

ileana-carmen said...

Beautiful project.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma, Just amazing and yes, they sure look real!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always!!!!

Gmalew said...

Absolutely stunning! They look fresh from the garden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails