Monday, October 9, 2023

Pumpkin Tutorial


Good Morning Paper Crafters,

Autumn is here and a lot of us are creating cards with Autumn flower and leaves.  A fun container for floral arrangements is a pumpkin.  If you don't have a pumpkin die, you can create a pumpkin using oval layering dies.  

Depending on the oval dies you have, you can create different shapes of pumpkins.  You can create it using just five die cut ovals or up to seven ovals.  


For this pumpkin, I used elongated ovals and I used seven - two of the largest, 2 of the next size down, and three smaller.


Before arranging the ovals into a pumpkin shape, I brushed on a slightly darker ink for shading around the edges.  I used a 3-D embossing folder for the background and brushed the same ink over the raised design.  To attach the ovals to the background, I used dimensional tape in the center back and glue around the outside edge and bottom of each oval.  The dimensional tape created shadows around each edge.  


To fill the pumpkin I used Susan's Specialty Cardstock and used the Black-Eyed Susan, Pom Pom Dahlia and Chrysanthemum die sets for the flowers.   OLO markers were used to color the flowers. They were all shaped using Susan's Flower Tool Kit and assembled using Bearly Art Glue.  For fillers around the flowers, I used Susan' new Autumn Foliage die set for the colorful foliage behind the flowers.  The bird was die cut using the Hemlock, Cone and Chickadee die set.  One of Susan's stamps was used to gold emboss the sentiment.  Just the word 'Autumn' was cut off one of the quotes because I didn't have room for a larger sentiment.    

I hope this tutorial helps you create a pumpkin for your Autumn arrangements.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails