Saturday, October 14, 2023

Gathering Autumn Birch Leaves


Good Morning.  I hope you have a nice weekend.  In our area, the leaves have changed colors and the scenery everywhere is beautiful.

If you follow me, you know I have been busy creating a lot of leaves using Susan's Autumn Foliage die set in her new Birds & Bees Garden Release from Spellbinders.   I have used the Birch Leaf for this card.   I have a tutorial on my blog at this LINK.

For this card I was trying to do something very different from my usual card.  I decided to try and create an Autumn scene.  What do you think?  Did it come together ok?

This is a 5x7 inch card.  I cut a piece of white cardstock slightly smaller and lightly sponged two shades of blue ink on the upper 3/4 of the card.  Two shades of green were sponged on the lower portion.   For the bare tree branches, I used Susan's  Winter Bough and Evergreen Shrubs die set.  

I filled the bucket, from Susan's Geranium & Antique Bucket die set,  with Birch Leaves and a few Acacia branches.  On the side I created a small pumpkin using small egg dies from an old Easter die set.  A couple of sprigs of grass were added behind the pumpkin.  I used an old grass die from my stash.

A stamp from one of Susan's Quote's stamp set was gold embossed, fussy cut, sponged and attached with dimensional tape.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails