Saturday, October 21, 2023

Pink Asters


Hello,

Today I decided to go through some of my older Spellbinders die sets to come up with a background for today's card.  I used the Romantic Rectangles and Shapabilities Floral Oval die sets.  

For the pretty flowers, I used Susan's new Aster and Autumn Foliage die sets from her new Birds & Bees Garden Release.  

The Asters were die cut using Susan's Specialty Cardstock and colored using OLO markers.  They were shaped using the tools in Susan's Flower Tool Kit.  To give the aster petals shape, they were lightly misted with water on the back then each petal was pinched around the tip of the tweezers.  Prills were added to the center once each flower was completed.  

For additional foliage, the leafy branch (acacia) in the Autumn Foliage die set was die cut using water color paper, colored and shaped then tucked behind the arrangement.

For the sentiment, I used one of the Spellbinder's BetterPress Sentiments.

It was fun going through all my older Spellbinders sets to come up with a different background for these pretty asters.

I have links below for Susan's new Birds & Bees Garden Release.

Thanks for visiting my blog.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails