Monday, July 25, 2022

Peek-A-Boo Slider Card


What a fun card to create!  My friend, Christine Smith Pooler, posted a Peek-A-Boo Slider card yesterday on FaceBook, and I decided to watch the same video she did to create one for myself.  Tina Zinck has a tutorial on YouTube showing how easy it is to create this card.

I used the Beyond The Mist -Paper Heaven 12x12 inch paper pad.  The papers in this pad are all gorgeous but unfortunately I feel like my photos are not showing off the beautiful designs.  In the rectangle there are beautiful lavender roses that I duplicated on the front panel.  I used Susan's Spellbinders, Tea Rose die set to create the rose and rose bud.  The petals were die cut using Susan's Specialty Cardstock.  To color, I used the Waffle Flower Media Mat and Blending Brushes to lightly brush on lavender ink, then brushed on a darker lavender ink on the petals in the center of the rose.  Susan's Flower Tool Kit was used to shape the petals, and Bearly Art Glue used to assemble.
There are small leaves behind the roses in the design paper, so I used Susan's Winter Bough & Evergreen Shrubs die set to die cut the leafy branch.  

 

There are two slider windows in the card that show through a die cut rectangle.  I used the Spellbinders  Precision Layering A2-A die set to die cut the rectangles.  When the card is closed, you are looking through two die cut windows.  The rose design paper you see through the window, when the card is closed, was die cut from the Beyond The Mist paper pad.  I used a stamp set from my stash for the Happy Birthday sentiment.  





On the inside, more paper from the same pad was used.  When the card opens, a different picture/sentiment appears - It slides over into the die cut window.   


This is a picture looking down from the top of the card.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails