Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Book Flip Card






Good Morning.  Today I designed a Book Flip Card.  For instructions for creating this card, visit Susan's Garden Club FaceBook Video.  Susan not only shows how to create flowers from all her releases, but also give instructions for many different type cards you can create to show off your arrangements.

For the front of the card, I added a backing of white card stock glued to a piece of gold metallic card stock.   I created Gardenias using Susan's Gardenia die set.  I use Susan's Specialty Cardstock for creating all my flowers.  The flowers were shaped using her Flower Tool Kit and Bearly Art Glue.  Susan has videos on YouTube for detailed instructions on how to shape flowers and foliage using her dies.  

Using the new Star Jasmine die set, flowers were die cut, shaped and arranged around the Gardenias

Below the flowers, I used the Winter Evergreen Foliage die set and die cut the White Pine branches.  The Winterberry and Mistletoe die set was used to die cut the Mistletoe.  White berries were added.  I used small bean bag styrofoam balls for the berries and pressed a black pen on the end of each berry.

For final embellishment, I added glue to to the greenery and sprinkled on Twinklets Diamond Dust.



For the inside, I cut four squares from a Paper Heaven Golden Dreams 6x6 pad and glued to each corner.  For the squares and narrow embossed pieces, I first cut the white card stock then placed them inside the Altenew Basic Plaid 3-D Embossing Folder.  The narrow embossed pieced were framed with metallic gold cardstock.  On the square in the center, I used Susan's new Winter Garden Stamp Set and stamped Merry Christmas.  This piece was glued to a piece of gold Metallic cardstock.  On the other center square, I used a design I found in the Paper Heaven White As Snow 6x6 pad.  It was fussy cut and glued to the square.

There are gold metallic embellishments on the card.  These were pieces pushed out of a Spellbinders die that I saved from a delicate die, however I don't remember which one.  Sometimes you find interesting little die cuts that were meant to be discarded, but think they will be good for something later.  I thought these little pieces helped to dress up this card.  

The back panel was also finished by adding a piece of gold metallic cardstock with a piece of white cardstock on top so I can write a personal message



This was a very fun card to create.  Hope you will watch Susan's Garden Club FaceBook Video and create one too.

Thanks for visiting my blog.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails