Saturday, July 23, 2022

Gold Foiled Flourished Tree


Good Morning.  Today I have a card designed using Susan's new Winter Garden Flourished Tree Glimmer Plate.  

For the background, I used a piece of P-13 Cosy Winter design paper.  I used paper from the 12x1 inch pad.  It was backed with a piece of gold mirror cardstock.  For the layers on top, I used the Spellbinders Precision Layering A2-A Rectangle die set.  I love this layering die set because it gives you the perfect mats for layering.  I have layered gold, white, gold, and the top, white card stock with the gold Flourished Tree.  There are foam squares added between the layers, for dimension.

I used the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System and gold foil the Flourished Tree.  A note - right now Scrapbook.com has the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System reduced from $150 down to $104.  What a great savings!  

For the sentiment, I used Susan's Winter Garden Stamp set.  I used VersaMark Ink to stamp the sentiment on white card stock then poured over Tim Holtz Rustic Wilderness Glaze.  The green sentiment matches with the green in the design paper  The sentiment was die cut using another die from the Precision Layering dies.  One size larger laying die was used to die cut a gold mirror backing for the sentiment.

Gold Rhinestones were used to embellish the gold foiled Flourished Tree, above the sentiment, and on each corner.  


Instead of making this a card that opened, I decided to add an easel at the bottom of the card.  At the top, above the easel, I added a piece of white card stock that is scored around the edges, for a personal sentiment.


To keep the easel backing from opening too far, a small 'W' shape piece was glued on to help it stand up.

This was a quick and easy card to create.  Once the tree was foiled, it was just die cutting the rectangles.
I love the elegance of this card.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails