Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Exciting News!


Today I am very excited to announce that Susan Tierney-Cockburn is with Spellbinders Paper Arts and has a new Susan's Garden Club Autumn Flora release.  I have been working with Susan for over 10 years and very happy to continue on her design team.   Susan is a true master at creating realistic floral die sets.  She not only designs the dies, but to be sure we all understand how to create very realistic colored and shaped flowers, she has step-by-step YouTube instructional videos for each of her new Garden Club die sets, plus every Wednesday she does an one hour Susan's Garden Club Live Facebook video for very detailed instructions and fun shaped card ideas.  

 Susan's new Spellbinders  Autumn Flora release consists of seven new die sets:  Autumn Hydrangea, Button/Daisy Chrysanthemum, Coreopsis, Gaillardia, Oriental Poppy, Foliage & Ladybug, and Woodland Garden Leaves.  In this release she also has a new 'Autumn Quotes' stamp set.  There will be links at the end of my blog posts to help you shop for these products as soon as the products are available.   If you use these links to purchase products, I will receive a small commission, which helps me purchase supplies, at no additional cost to you.  I appreciate your support.

I have designed a lot of cards with these new Garden Club die sets and excited to share them with you.   Today I used the new Button/Daisy Chrysanthemum and Foliage & Ladybug die sets.  I love having foliage to fill in behind beautiful flowers and Susan has added some new foliage in this release.  I have shared my ideas below on how to create the Rosemary and Bittersweet.  Susan will have YouTube Videos and Susan's Garden Club Live Facebook Videos for all her new  Spellbinder die sets.

Today I have designed a 6x6 inch card using the Garden Club Button/Daisy Chrysanthemum and Foliage & Ladybug die sets.  The design paper on front of my card is a piece from my stash --  First Edition Paper - Gardenia.  

Susan's new Autumn Quotes stamp set (STP-024) was used for the quote.  It was stamped with VersaMark Ink and white embossed; die cut the  quote using the Spellbinders, Amazing Grace, Picot Petite Oval Etched Die set.   

To create the flowers, use the Button/Daisy Chrysanthemum die set.  The flowers were die cut using white card stock and sponged with two shades of orange ink, on both the front and back.  To imitate the center of the Daisy, yellow Prills were added.  The leaves were also die cut using white card stock, sponged with green ink and maroon PanPastel brushed on the tips of some of the leaves.  They were shaped using the flower tool kit.  Susan's new Spellbinders Tool Kit will be out in January.  Shipment of the tools to Spellbinders has been delayed because of Covid 19.  


The Garden Club Rosemary  die, from the Foliage & Ladybug die set, was used to die cut two sprigs for each finished Rosemary branch.  They were die cut using white card stock and sponged green on both the front and the back. I colored one sprig darker green than the other for depth when glued together.  The Leaf Tool was used to draw lines down the center of the sprig and out on each of the leaves.  This helps make it look more realistic.  


Rosemary is a 'frilly' branch, so I layered two die cut branches together, putting just a thin line of glue down the center of the stem, slightly offset the branches and layer the two stems.  Use a small ball stylus and press down the center along the length of the sprig on the molding mat, then pull up on the leaves to make it look full.  

There is a plate in the Foliage & Ladybug die set that is to be used for the covering for Bittersweet (shown below).  You can die cut these, using white card stock, and use a marker to color the tips light blue - leave the center white.  I used a fine line black marker and added a dot to the center of each flower.  Place the flowers on the molding mat and press down in the center with a small ball stylus.  These flowers can be glued to the Rosemary stem.  I will be posting a card later with flowers on the Rosemary.

Since I used the die intended for the Bittersweet to create flowers for the Rosemary, I thought I would show you how to create the Bittersweet too.


To create the Bittersweet, use the Berry Branch from the Foliage & Ladybug die set.  I die cut it using white card stock and sponged on brown ink then on top sponged on green.  That doesn't show up very well in the photo.  Using the die in this set, die cut the berry coverings, using pale yellow card stock. Slightly press down in the center of each one with a small ball stylus.   Add the berries in Fall colors, pinch some of the yellow coverings over the berries.  This covering in nature covers the berry then splits and opens up.   You can add some berries on the branch without the yellow covering.  I pressed the covering up more around the berries in the above picture, before adding the branch to my card.  To create the berries, you can use drops, such as Nuvo Crystal Drops, but I used small white, flat back, pearls.  I colored the pearls using orange, yellow and red Copic markers.  I found that using pearls was easier than using drops to create perfect berries.  A dot of glue was added to the  center of the berry covering/branch, then attached the pearl.  


There is a lot of dimension on this card, but it will fit nicely into the clear acrylic boxes that will also be available from Spellbinders.

Be sure to check out the cards Susan's other design team members have posted today using dies from Susan's new Autumn Floral  release from Spellbinders:

Christine Pooler -  christinepooler.com

 I am sure you will be anxious to start creating beautiful cards with these new, easy to use Garden Club floral dies from Spellbinders.

Don't forget -- Susan will have YouTube videos very soon for each of her new Spellbinders die sets.  Also, tune in on Wednesday morning at 10:00 AM Pacific time for her Garden Club Facebook Live videos.
 
Be sure to check back frequently as I plan to post a lot of cards using Susan's new Autumn Floral release.  

I have provided links below for Susan's new Autumn Floral release from Spellbinders.   I appreciate you visiting my blog and appreciate your support.



Happy Crafting!




3 comments:

craftieodmae said...

now that's just gorgeous, great tutorial too!!!!

Margie F said...

Hi Selma: I was getting your cards on my email, but I haven't gotten any in a long time. I saw your last card on Facebook. Are you still doing your blog? My email is margorjim7@sbcglobal.net. I was gonna sign up again, but I thought I would check with you first. I love your cards and all of Susan's Garden flowers. I always look forward to your cards.

Margie Fulcher

Karen said...

Beautiful Selma xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails