Saturday, November 16, 2013

Merry Christmas

Don't you love being able to create cards using dies!  I think most of us have enjoyed this new trend in card making.    Today I have another Christmas card designed by using a variety of dies. 

 Before I tell you about my card, I wanted to announce that you can save 20% on everything in the Ellen Hutson, LLC "Die Domain Category" November 15th through Sunday, November 17th on IN-STOCK items only.  I know a lot of you who follow my blog are collecting the Susan's Garden flower dies by Sizzix, (Sizzix, Susan Tierney-Cockburn Thinlits Dies)  so be sure to check these dies out while they are on sale.     Once you are ready to checkout, you need to type diedays13 in the promotion code box to receive the 20% discount.  All the details are explained in the Ellen Hutson Newsletter.  You can sign up to receive Ellen's Newsletter by going to the Ellen Hutson Home Page - you will see a space to add your email address.

For my card today I created a 6"x6" card.  For snow in the background I embossed a piece of white card stock with the Sizzix "Dots" embossing folder. The Merry Christmas sentiment is a beautiful die cut by Memory Box called "Merry Christmas Tidings".  I placed a piece of white card stock over a piece of red card stock and die cut the two pieces together.  Once it was die cut, I did not separate the two colors.  I brushed on glue all over the back side of the red die cut, and placed it on the embossed piece I was using for the background.  Once it was dry, I picked out all the white die cut pieces from around the sentiment, which created a red background for the white die cut.  Because the two pieces were die cut together, the white die cut pretty much embedded into the red, but there were a few places that popped up and needed to have glue added behind it then pressed back down in place.  This was a very quick and easy way to get the colored background in this die cut.

On the bottom of the card I and cut four pieces of white card stock to create snow banks.  Ranger,  Distress Dry Glitter, Clear Rock Candy,  glitter was added along the edges of each snow bank.  The the trees were die cut using the Impression Obsession "Fir Trees" die.  There are two trees on the left and the tallest one is on the right.  I cut a small portion off the right side of that larger tree.  The deer are also from Impression Obsession.

Be sure to go over to Ellen Hutson, LLC to check out the great sale in her Die Domain Category.

Thanks for stopping by - have a great weekend.

Products used:


1059630

8 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful card Selma. Its very striking and has a lovely Christmas feel about it too. Hugs Rita xxxx

Cheryl W said...

I LOVE using dies to make my cards. I am slowly trying to accumulate a collection of them, but my budget forces me to take it slow - too slow for my taste! I'd like to have them ALL right now. LOL

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love how you can create such beautiful cards using dies. This is a card I would love to receive.

Donna

Bonnie Weiss said...

Festive and beautiful.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh my - that red against all the white -- stunning!

Beverley said...

Stunning & so elegant. I agree dies are such a wonderful addition to paper crafts. Hugs Bev x

Mr. Mark Thomas said...

My name is Mrs Aisha Usman, am a Citizen Of Singapore. Have you been looking for a loan? Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr. Mark Thomas FOIRM Ronnie Finance Ltd he help me with a loan of $85,000 some days ago after been scammed of $8,000 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $85,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com

Whats-App no +919667837169
Dr. Mark Thomas

LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS
Name:…………
Address…………
Loan Amount:……
Loan duration…
Monthly income…………
Nationality……
Country………
Occupation......
State…………
Zip/Code………
Gender…………
Age…………
Marital Status……………
Telephone………………

FORM Ronnie Finance Ltd
Dr. Mark Thomas

Mr. Mark Thomas said...

My name is Mrs Aisha Usman, am a Citizen Of Singapore. Have you been looking for a loan? Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr. Mark Thomas FOIRM Ronnie Finance Ltd he help me with a loan of $85,000 some days ago after been scammed of $8,000 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $85,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com

Whats-App no +919667837169
Dr. Mark Thomas

LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS
Name:…………
Address…………
Loan Amount:……
Loan duration…
Monthly income…………
Nationality……
Country………
Occupation......
State…………
Zip/Code………
Gender…………
Age…………
Marital Status……………
Telephone………………

FORM Ronnie Finance Ltd
Dr. Mark Thomas

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails