Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fall Wreath

 Do you find it fun to recycle something very plain to create something beautiful you can be proud of.  I recently was shopping in Target and found a very plain wreath, in clearance, covered with dried leaves.  I knew instantly I could dress it up with flowers I could create with Susan's Garden dies.  All of Susan's flowers can be used to create beautiful cards, but think of all the other uses you can use them for too. With these dies, you really can become a "florist".

 This is the wreath I purchased.  I created four different flowers using Susan's Garden dies: two Gazania flowers in Autumn colors, and yellow Yarrow, from the new (second)  flower collection.  From the first collection I created a sunflower and some small mums using the Susan's Garden Mini Lily dies (tutorial here).  In addition I added some other embellishments I had.  If you are interested in making your own pine cones using Susan's Garden "Mini Petal" dies, here is the link to my tutorial.

This wreath will be beautiful hanging on the wall or I can add a candle, inside glass, in the middle of it, for a beautiful centerpiece on the table.

Yesterday I gave you the link to Susan's directions for creating "Yarrow".  Today I am giving you the link to her directions to create Gazania flowers.

 Gazania come in many different colors.  Since I was creating flowers for Autumn, I chose this gazania picture for inspiration for petal color.


Well I hope I have given you some inspiration to dress up something you would like to recycle.  When you add flowers you create with Susan's Garden dies, everyone will admire your work. 

Thank you for stopping by today.  Do you have a flower you are waiting for me to post from Susan's new Susan's Garden Collection?  I have created all the flowers, and will be happy to help you with any of them - just leave a comment below.  

Links to products at Ellen Hutson, LLC for creating the above Susan's Garden flowers:

Susan's Garden Gazania Flower Dies
Susan's Garden Yarrow Flower Dies
Susan's Garden  Mini Lily Petals
Susan's Garden Mini Petals
Susan's Garden Sunflower Dies
Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit
Crafter's Pick Ultimate Glue

1053960

9 comments:

Rita said...

Wow Wow Wow Selma. Magnificent transformation. You have certainly worked wonders with this. It's so stunning. Hugs Rita xxx

Glenda said...

Wow, this is another outstanding piece! Well done my friend!

Janie Printz said...

Nothing better than finding a bargain & turning it into some useful & beautiful... This is gorgeous Selma. I love all your tutorials on how to make your amazing flowers. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous. You are showing so many different ways for using the flowers and I love them all. This fall wreath is gorgeous. I am looking forward to getting the newer dies. I love Susan's Garden flowers. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas.

Caroline

denmo said...

Absolutely stunning, you have transformed from just 'ordinary' to absolutely gorgeous....

Hugs Denise (UK)

May said...

WOW...What a fabulous transformation, the flowers & design is simply Beautiful... Hugs May x x

isobel said...

Beautiful Selma, I love the bird and eggs in a basket. Many many thanks, for sharing your talent. Blessings.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

What a beautiful Fall creation, and one I would put in my home on display!

Unknown said...

I love how it's easy to do these will be great for Christmas Decorations Thank you for this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails