Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Believe in the Magic of Christmas


The snow has been falling all morning so I decided to create another Christmas card. For the background I used a new background die from Poppy Stamps called "Diamond Background".  I love the diamond shapes on this die cut.  Behind the die cut I attached an embossed background using the Sizzix "Dots" embossing folder.  It looks like falling snow.   The tree is from Memory Box.  When you die cut this tree, and if you run it back through with the embossing pad, it embosses snow on the bottom of each branch.  Since I used green card stock for the tree, before I removed it from the die, I pressed the VersaMark "Dazzle" watermark stamp pad down over the openings so I could add white embossing powder for the snow.  After adding the ink, remove the die and pour on the embossing powder, then heat set.  I love how realistic this tree looks.  

In the upper left corner I added a poinsettia created with the Susan's Garden "Poinsettia" dies.  Under the poinsettia are two Poppy Stamps die cut "Berry Sprigs".  To color the berries on this sprig, I added Seedless Preserves Distress Glitter.    The sentiment is from the Heartfelt Creations "Holly Berry PreCut Set" (HCPC3551). 

 Below is a link to the products I used from Ellen Hutson, LLC:


1052592 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another beauty! Thanks for sharing.
Jackie

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Selma!
The embossed background looks perfect with your die cut pieces. ?snow.....already????

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous poinsettia. I agree that is a beautiful tree. Love your card.

Patti

Toni said...

Brilliant way to add snow to the tree. I just got that die and was playing around with last night. Thx for the tip!

Jill Norwood said...

This is so pretty! Love this snowy tree! I am in Washington too in Seattle. :)

denmo said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, TFS
Denise (UK) x

Theresa's Studio said...

Love how you used versamark on the EF to add snow to the tree branches. Beautiful card!

May said...

Stunning Christmas card Selma, Love the snowy tree & fabulous flower....Hugs May x xx

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

How soft and pretty, Selma!

Своенравная said...

Beautiful!!

Unknown said...

This will be awesome for Christmas Decorations thank you so much for these ideas

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails