Friday, August 30, 2013

Vintage Poinsettias



It feels good to be getting so many Christmas cards ready before the holidays are here.  Today I created a vintage looking card.   I used two pieces of design paper from the MME "Vintage Christmas" 6x6 designer paper pad.  I used deckle scissors to cut down, almost half way to the center, on the top piece.  It was sprayed with a fine mist of water so I could roll the edges back to expose the design paper below it.  I used both Distress Tea  Dye and Distress Black inks to age the torn area.  Tea Dye Distress ink was also sponged over the outside edges to give it an aged look.  This piece was attached over the second piece of design paper.  The corners were die cut using the  the New Marianne LR0280 die set.  The two decorative elements, behind the poinsettias,  were die cut using the new Heartfelt Creations "Ornamental Add On Die" from the Christmas Card Collection..  Both the corners and the Ornamental pieces were sponged with Tea Die Distress Ink.



The poinsettias were stamped using black ink on red card stock using the Heartfelt Creations "Petite Poinsettia PreCut Set", then die cut using the matching  Spellbinder dies. They were shaped using the Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit. On the petals and leaves, I added red/green Distress Glitter.  The glue I used is the Scraperfect "Best Glue Ever".    In the center of each poinsettia,  I added three small yellow Kaiser Craft Pearls.  Under the poinsettias I added holy from the Heartfelt Creations "Holly Berry PreCut Set".  They were die cut using the matching dies from the Heartfelt Creations "Ornamental Add On Die" set.

Have you started on your Christmas cards yet?   I always hate waiting until December when there are so many other things to do for the holidays.

Have a great weekend.

You can purchase all these Products from Joan's Gardens:

MME, Vintage Christmas 6x6 Designer Paper Pad
Heartfelt Creations, Petite Poinsettia PreCut Set, HCPC 3415
Heartfelt Creations, Spellbinders, Layered Poinsettia Shapeabilities dies 

Heartfelt Creations, Holly Berry PreCut Set, HCPC 3551
Heartfelt Creations, Ornamental Add On Die, HCD 738
Susan's Garden, Flower Tool Kit, 658437
Marianne Design, Corners, LR0280
Ranger, Mowed Lawn, Distress Glitter
Ranger, Festive Berries, Distress Glitter
Scraperfect, Best Glue Ever
Distress Ink
Kaiser Craft yellow pearls

1012026

6 comments:

Cara said...

Quite a beautiful card Selma. I would never have thought of using my deckle scissors to "tear" the paper like you did. Will remember that in the future.
TFS - Cara

Glenda said...

Such a lovely holiday card! I love the softness of the card!

craftieodmae said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Sorry I haven't been around lately, the bug bite me LOL!

Mary Ann said...

GORGEOUS CARD!!!Love your card,Awesome poinsettias!!!

Anonymous said...

Selma this is gorgeous. Your flowers always look so real. I really like how you tore the paper like that. I am going to try creating this card. Thanks for the inspiration.

Becky

Krystal Kats said...

Lovely I love love love poinsettias they are so beautiful.
Have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails