Saturday, August 3, 2013

Susan's Garden Beautiful Rose


The rose gardens are beautiful this time of year and I couldn't resist creating another pretty rose with the Susan's Garden Rose dies.  

To start this card, which is 6"x6", I used The Crafters Workshop "Mini Bricks" template and Liquitex "Modeling Paste" to create the brick background.  The modeling paste was applied over the template then using the little frosting spatula I have, I pounced it over the paste to give it some texture.  The card stock I used for this was a dark gray.  I then used deckle scissors to cut around the edges after it was dry.  The peach piece behind the wall was distressed using the Zutter "Distrezz-It-All tool. 

I love making flowers with any of the Susan's Garden flower dies because everything you need for the flower is in the kit and they always come out looking so realistic.  I used the Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit to shape the flower and all leaves, and the glue I used is the "Crafter's Pick, Ultimate Glue".   It doesn't show very well in the photos, but I used the Orange and Pink Susan's Garden Pan Pastels to color the base of each flower petal.  It gives some depth to the petals. It is so fun to mix and blend the colors using Pan Pastels; you can get such a variety of colors. In this tray of pastel colors, you also get a black and a white pot of pan pastels and they are used to either lighten colors to create a darker color.  If using the black Pan Pastels, be sure you only start with a tiny bit and blend it in until you get the darker color desired.  If you do get too much of any color or change you mind about a color, you can easily erase Pan Pastels and start all over.   The extra leaves behind the rose were die cut using the Memory Box "Fresh Foliage" die.  Two were die cut and tucked behind the rose. 

On the petals of the rose,  I added  'Twinklets Diamond Dust".  On one of the Rose Leaves, I added a Ladybug created with the Susan's Garden Ladybug Kit.  A Memory Box "Kaleidoscope" and "Pippi" Butterfly were added along with a gingham bow to complete the card.. 

Products used:

The Crafters Workshop "Mini Bricks" template
Susan's Garden "Rose" dies (658411)
Susan's Garden "Flower Tool Kit" (658437)
Susan's Garden "Ladybug Kit"
Susan's Garden "Pan Pastels"
Crafter's Pick Ultimate Glue
Card Stock
Twinklets Diamond Dust
Memory Box "Fresh Foliage" die (98502)
Memory Box "Kaleidoscope Butterfly" (98261)
Memory Box "Pippi Butterfly" (98508)

995020

15 comments:

Rita said...

Just got back from holiday Selma. Your card is so lovely and that that beautiful rose just gives it that special touch. Hugs Rita xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful design and the flower spray is awesome. Loving the brick wall effect in the background.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Ульяна и Полина said...

Очень красиво!!!

Anneke said...

I love the brick wal , it fits a rose garden. It is just very beautifull. Anneke. www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

craftieodmae said...

beautiful!!

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful Selma. Great job on the brick wall and the gorgeous rose.
Love it!
Joan

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous rosé. You are a master at creating the most realistic flowers. I love the rosé with that white brick wall. I always look forward to your emails so I can see your wonderful work. Lots of hugs, Millie Van Camp.

Jan Castle said...

Beautifully done Selma!!!! TFS!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Antoinette Voorn said...

Wowww Selma stunning rose card love the designpaper! and your other card wirh de MD christmas Dies is fabulous!!

Greetz Antoinette
http://antoinettecreacards.blogspot.nl

Diane said...

Beautiful Selma, and I wondered how you got the white and gray, very simple...so have to try this, as I do have that stencil and paste!! Gorgeous Rose, and I have one exactly like it in my garden!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma- this is another stunning flower-you are amazing!

Darlene said...

Another STUNNING creation Selma! I tell you ... NO ONE can make a paper flower like you ... really looks REAL!! Beautiful composition! FANTASTIC!
HUGS from OHIO!

Caroline D. said...

Gorgeous!! Your flower is stunning! I really like how it looks set on the brick stenciling... just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC! Oh my gosh. I can't believe you made a rosé out of paper that looks so real. I saw this on Pinterest and really thought it was a real rosé. What a fabulous artist you are lady. This belongs in a art gallery.

Janet

Betty said...

I have never seen the brick template or the modeling paste, they are both awesome. I love this card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails