Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snowy Cardinal


I hate to say it, but I took a "lazy" day yesterday.  I think the only thing I really did was read all the birthday wishes so many of you sent.  I want to thank all of you for making my day special.  We had plans to go out to celebrate but our weather is not cooperating.  It has been snowing since Monday night and probably won't let up until tomorrow. Our weatherman just said to expect about a foot of snow today.  We did not want to risk getting out on the highway so I spent a quiet day at home.

Today is Wednesday so all the new posts are up on the Heartfelt Creations blog.  This is one of the card I created for this post.  It is a 5.5 inch square card. A piece of green card stock was placed on the front. The Nestabilities “Fleur De Lis” pendant was used to cut an opening in the center of a piece of white card stock. This piece was embossed with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder then attached over the green card stock. The die cut pendant was placed back in the opening and the cut out pieces reveal the green card stock below it. Another white Fleur De Lis pendant was cut out and attached with glue dots , turning the pendant a quarter turn. The Snowy Cardinal was stamped and colored with Copic Markers and colored pencils then cut out with scissors. It was attached in the center of the pendant with glue dots. A single cardinal was stamped, colored and cut out with the matching die. It was attached with a glue dot over the other cardinal. Polar White Flower Soft and glitter were added to the snow in the stamped image. A red bow and rhinestones were added to complete the card.

Heartfelt Creations Products used:  HCPC 3352 Snowy Cardinal Precut Set; HCD 706 Cardinal Family Diecuts; HCPC 3353 Cardinal Family Precut Set

16 comments:

Colleen said...

Selma,
I just love these cardinals! One of these days I will get this set. I love the way you used the pendant.

Unknown said...

gorgeous card

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

sorry clicked twice didn't know it would leave a message being deleted

Wendy H said...

I really enjoy your blog but I'm not good about leaving comments but this is beautiful. I love the way you use the pendant dies for the layering. Very very beautiful. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration.

Judy I, St. Louis MO said...

What a gorgeous card. I had a lot of fun with the Cardinal Family on my Christmas cards. The fleur de lis pendant is one of my favorites. What a great combination.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is gorgeous Selma! Is this an early start on next yeas Christmas cards? Snowin and blowin here :0(

Patti J said...

Glad you took some "you" time! You deserved it, and after all, you DID have a birthday! What a beautiful card, Selma! Love that green peeking through! Hmmmm...how about a tutorial on that? Thanks for sharing!

CraftinGranny said...

Those cardinals are so beautiful. Haven't had a chance to ink up the ones I won from Olga but this sure looks like an awesome project. Would you mind terribly if I showcased this one? Thanks Selma for all your inspiration. You stay in and stay safe my friend. Glad to hear you enjoyed your quiet BD. "Hugs" Carol

Myrna said...

Selma
This is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for the great tutorial. Now I can try something similar. Your work is so beautiful.
Myrna

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful!!!

velta said...

Selma ~ As always your creation here is just stunning! I have always admired your style and your designs and this is no exception! Thanks for sharing your creations this, soon to be, past year! And thank you for your inspiration!

Happy New Year to you and yours :)

Donna said...

Another gorgeous card to drool over. I love the way you added the color behind the Spellbinder die. It makes everything pop! TFS! Birthdays are meant to be lazy days. So glad you had time to relax!

AKiteFlier said...

gorgeous Selma - love it - enjoy the quiet time!! Happy New Year girl.

April said...

Very pretty card. I love how you used the die cut with the green showing through. Very clever!

Anonymous said...

Hi there Selma....saw on Sue’s blog that today is your Birthday....just popping in to wish you the Happiest of Birthdays from Northern Ireland.Have a wonderful day.

Joyce



Http://craftyquills.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails