Friday, December 17, 2010

Cardinal



My oldest son and his family arrived yesterday for Christmas.  Seems like each time I see the grandkids they grow another few inches,  They are all excited to get out on the ski slopes.  Since I have been too busy to stamp, I am posting another card I created for the Heartfelt Creations Blog.
This is a 5.5 inch card. The background paper is from the Webster’s Pages Waiting for Santa & Sweet Season paper pack. The Heartfelt Creations cardinal was stamped with Memento black ink and colored with Copic markers. The second largest Spellbinders Beaded Oval was cut out on ivory card stock and sponged with Sarah Sand ink. The frame is from the KaiserCraft “Tis the Season Collection” paper pack. It was layered onto the Nestie frame. The brown lace is from the Webster’s Pages Designer trim “Wonderfall”. It was layered onto a wide piece of lace I have had for a long time. A brown bow was made and a button from Making Memories was attached in the center with a glue dot. A Zva Creative Self Adhesive pearl swirl was cut apart and attached on the top of the card. Brown, Kaiser Craft pearls were added along the lace to complete the card.

Heartfelt Creations Products used:  HCPC 3353 Cardinal Family PreCut Set; HCD 706 Cardinal Family Diecuts

Well I'm off to go fix my son's favorite breakfast.  So fun to have the kids come home and have lots of requests for their favorite meals.

I'm going to have a great day and hope you do too.

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

this is beautiful! I love the ribbon you used.

Winnie and Patty said...

Cardinals are my favorite, and this one is beautiful!!! TFS

Payne Holler Cards said...

gorgeous card
I'm smiling for ya reading your post - enjoy the family (-:
especially those grankids,
hugs
Linda

HappyCrafter said...

This is a gorgeous card!
Have a wonderful visit with your family.

Glenda said...

This is gorgeous! Lovely work, my friend! Merry Christmas to you ... enjoy your family!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is one gorgeous card! I've missed all your beautiful work for the past week! So happy your family is there for the holidays! Enjoy GF!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails