Sunday, May 3, 2009

Howdy

Well, I just couldn't stand it. I didn't expect to stamp until later next week since I don't have the best eye sight right now. However, I just received Theresa's Out West stamp set (GinaK Designs) and just had to make a card with it. I was so excited for this set to arrive. Theresa's mom, Geri, made a beautiful card that I love, and it was the inspiration for my card. You can see Geri's card here: http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/in-the-stables. She made the most realistic woodgrain for her card. I used the Cuttlebug Distressed Strips embossing folder to create my woodgrain. I also used a Cuttlebug cut/emboss frame for the horse, and sponged over it. The images were colored with colored pencils and OMS. The lasso was made with hemp and hung on a large brad. Howdy was black embossed.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Selma, this is wonderful I am glad you were able to find time to stamp.

redwasher1 said...

Selma dear friend, You are much to good. Your card is beautiful and thank you for making me look good!
I'm so glad you are doing good and hope your sight will inprove quickly!

Theresa Momber said...

Selma, this is just beyond gorgeous! Absolutely amazing coloring! It is so exciting to see all the wonderful projects people are creating with this set. Thank you for sharing this wonderful card!

Sharri said...

Selma, this is gorgeous!! I love your coloring and using the distress cuttlebug folder looks great as wood!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails