Friday, May 22, 2009

Daisies

I have been having so much trouble with my blog. It wants to abort every time I try to open it. I have found that other blogs are doing the same thing. Hope this problem is fixed soon. If I hurry and click on "Post" when it comes up, I am able to post but can't view the finished post without it aborting right away. I have been very busy making cards for someone referred to me. First she ordered 40 cards which I got mailed out. As soon as she recieved the cards, she ordered 50 more get well cards to use when she is visiting sick people, I believe in a senior care center. Before I had that order ready she asked for 20 more thinking of you cards. I love getting orders like this. I only have 3 more cards to go and I will get this order in the mail. The two cards I posted yesterday and this one are part of that order.

This card is made with Asela's "Flowers For Daisy" available from GinaK Designs. This is the first set of stamps I purchased from Gina and it sure has been put to good use. It is no secret that I love to make cards with flowers! I stamped the daisies with black Memento black ink then used sponge daubers to apply Barely Banana and More Mustard ink. The leaves, from "Elegant Flowers" were colored the same way with Certainly Celery. This is a very quick and easy way to color and I think looks real nice. The tag is from Spellbinders. I like to stamp the verse then place the die over it so I can make sure it is centered. I than pop it off the larger piece of cardstock and emboss it with the tan embossing pads. I love the embossing you can do with Nesties. The background is a new embossing folder I purchased from Cut At Home. I added some button brads that I have had in my "stash". They come in black and in white in one package. I believe I purchased them from Craft Warehouse.

4 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Gorgeous card Selma - Er how many cards are you making over 100!!! that would take me weeks!
Sue

Brenda said...

WOW that is a whole bunch of cards I am with Tillmint, it would take me forever to make that many. This is another beautiful creation.

Anonymous said...

Selma,

I too like to stamp cards with flowers, and I really don't care what kind of flowers, just flowers. What embossing folder is the one you used?

Dianna

PS Loved the card.

Stamping in Asia said...

I really admire your hard work & effeciency. Love your cards in any ways! I had not made any cards for the past 2 days. I was busy doing other stuff - what a shame!! I hope to do some tomorrow... I had trouble with Google this morning too..I couldn't download my mails and it took me hours to finish the work!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails