Friday, August 2, 2013

Winter Village Scene


 Don't you love all the new dies you can now purchase for making really beautiful cards!    This little village is on a 5"x7" card.  I used 100# card stock because I wanted to create a dimensional scene and wanted a card stock that would not  curl up.  I also tested 80# and it seems to work just fine, however, I had a real problem with 60# card stock on the pop up inside the card.    On top of the base card, I added a 5x7 piece of card stock that was embossed with the eBosser "Delicate Dots" embossing folder.  Along the very top I added the Joy Craft "Snowflake Border". I die cut two of these borders and pieced them so I could have snowflakes all the way across the top.

The larger house on the left is the Marianne COL1326 die.  It comes with the house, the drifting snow to go over the windows, along the roof line and below the chimney, plus a snowflake stamp.  I die cut it using white card stock and colored it by sponging on Distress Inks.  Behind the open windows and door, I added a piece of yellow card stock then added some yellow glitter part way up from the bottom.  There is also yellow glitter in the lamp post and houses in the background. The lamp post, tree and deer are from the Marianne COL1130 die set.  The houses in the background were die cut using the Cheery Lynn "Winter Neighborhood Border" die and I only used two of the houses from this border.  To create dimension to my scene, I cut three different pieces of card stock to look like snow banks, gluing them only along the bottom and the side so I could tuck things between them. I lightly sponged on Weatherd Wood Distress Ink along the top of each snow bank so it would show up.

 All of the die cut pieces were only attached along the bottom so they stand out a little on the top to look dimensional.  After the card was put together, I added Distress Stickles dry glitter "Clear Rock Candy".  This really brought the scene to life!

On the inside I wanted to carry out the theme, so I used the Marianne Design 6003/2003 pop up die.  Once it was folded along the score lines, it was attached to the inside of the card.  The deer was sponged with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  For the sentiment, I gold embossed "Merry Christmas" which is a  stamp from the new JustRite "Grand Christmas Sentiments" stamp set.  Along the very top, I added another Joy Craft "Snowflake Border".  

I think it is so neat to open this pretty scenic card and find a scenic wonderland popup.  


Marianne Design, House COL 1326
Marianne Design, Lamp/Deer/Tree/ COL 1330
Joy Craft, Snowflake Border 6002/2021
Cheery Lynn, Winter Neighborhood Border B323
Marianne Design, Popup Die 6003/2003
JustRite, Grand Christmas Sentiments  CL-04690
eBosser "Delicate Dots" embossing folder
Distress Stickles dry glitter "Clear Rock Candy"
Distress Inks to color the houses, posts, deer, and edges of snow banks
VersaMark Ink
Ranger, Super Fine gold embossing powder
100# white card stock



17 comments:

Anneke said...

Really love your winter village. It looks very cold. Thank you for showing. Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Amelia Davis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paula said...

wow, your card is amazing! love all the elements you've used.

Glenda said...

Selma, this is gorgeous inside and out! So much dimension and great elements. A real beauty!

craftieodmae said...

love it, pop up cards are some of my favorites!

Leanne ... said...

What a great little card Selma. Good job. Love all about it.
Hugs...Leanne

Jan Castle said...

Stunning card Selma!!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is one of my very favorite cards. I love everything about it. You did an awesome job putting it together. Love that Pop Up too!

Mary Ann said...

WOW!AWESOME CARD!Love the scene!!!Just gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

absolutely awesome, love the use of dot embossing and border. you're creativity never ceases to amaze.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

You made Winter look beautiful! Very nice card!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! Really nice

Peggy Garber

April said...

So beautiful in every way! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Selma it is amazing how you used all those die cuts to create such a cute scene. I love the popup scene on the inside. Wish I was this artistic. Wonderful card. Betty

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Hope you are feeling better.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Stunning !! love it !!

Betty Ament-Myers

Mr. Mark Thomas said...

My name is Mrs Aisha Usman, am a Citizen Of Singapore. Have you been looking for a loan? Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr. Mark Thomas FOIRM Ronnie Finance Ltd he help me with a loan of $85,000 some days ago after been scammed of $8,000 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $85,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com

Whats-App no +919667837169
Dr. Mark Thomas

LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS
Name:…………
Address…………
Loan Amount:……
Loan duration…
Monthly income…………
Nationality……
Country………
Occupation......
State…………
Zip/Code………
Gender…………
Age…………
Marital Status……………
Telephone………………

FORM Ronnie Finance Ltd
Dr. Mark Thomas

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails