Sunday, February 21, 2021

Peony and other new Garden Notes die sets

 

Hello Paper Gardeners!  Today is a happy day because this week Susan's Design Team is now taking turns posting cards created with Susan's new Garden Notes Spellbinder's Spring Release.  I have included links to her new release at the end of this post.

For my first card I wanted to show you the new Peony, Lily of the Valley, Kerria Japonica, Ostrich Fern and Ivy.  Also used on this card is a quote from Susan's new Spring Quotes Stamp Set.  
  
For my background, I used the Spellbinders Elegant Twist Square die to create a frame.    I used a craft knife and cut the upper right corner so I could roll the corner down to expose a piece of card stock that I colored using Distress Inks.  I used Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, and Scattered Straw to create a marbled background.  I used the same colors for this marbled piece as used to color the Peony. To get the corner to stay rolled, I used a mini mister to dampen the corner, then rolled it around a pencil.  

To create my peony, I found a picture on the Internet to use as a guide for coloring.  I attached the peony from the Internet below the one I created with Susan's die set.


Close-up of my Peony created with Peony die set

Picture of Peony from the Internet

I used Susan's new Garden Notes Peony die set and die cut all the pieces out of Susan's new Specialty White Card Stock from Spellbinders.  Laying the flower petals on the Waffle Flower Water Media Mat, I  brushed the Distress Inks on with Picket Fence Brushes.   The flower petals were shaped using Susan's new Flower Tool Kit and were assembled using Bearly Glue.  

Additional flowers added to this arrangement from Susan's new release include Lily of the Valley and yellow Kerria Japonica.

Susan's new Ferns & Ivy die set was used to die cut the Ostrich Fern and Ivy.  Sorry the Ivy is at the bottom of the arrangement and doesn't show up well in this picture.  Susan's Foliage & Ladybug die set from her Fall release was used for the ladybug.

The new die sets in Susan's Spring Release include:  Peony, Kerria Japonica, Hyacinth, Parrot Tulips, Sweet Peas, Lily of the Valley, Spirea and Ferns & Ivy.  Other items in Susan's Garden Club include:  Spring Quotes Clear Stamp Set,  White Specialty Cardstock, and Flower Tool Kit.    These items are linked below.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails