Thursday, February 18, 2021

Blue Poppy Twisted Easel Card


This week on Susan's Garden Facebook Live video, she gave instructions on how to create a Twisted Easel card.  I really like this card and have made several.

To decorate the front of this card, I used a piece of design paper from the P13 Forest Tea Party pad.  

Along the diagonal fold, I added a die cut design from Spellbinders.  The name of the die is Candlewick Petticoats.  I believe this particular die has been discontinued, but I have linked a similar Spellbinders die at the end of this post.  This die cut was glued  along the edge of the lower diagonal fold, so it would stand up when the card was opened.  

Susan's Foliage & Ladybug die set was used to die cut the Rosemary, the berry branch, and ladybug.  I colored white pearls with a blue copic marker for the berries.

The Garden Notes Poppy die set was used to create 3 blue poppies. Susan's Spellbinders Specialty Cardstock was used. Two shades of Distress Inks were brushed on the petals. Susan's Flower Tool Kit was used to shape the flowers and foliage. The ladybug was added to one of the lower poppy leaves.

A butterfly from the 49 and Market embellishment sheet was added above the arrangement.

To help the card stand open, a scalloped rectangle was die cut and one of Susan's Quotes was stamped on it.  This was attached to a piece of tan card stock, using dimensional foam squares.  The quote was then attached as shown on the inside of the card.


Thanks for visiting my blog today.

4 comments:

Glenda said...

This is lovely. Love the shades of blue!

Evas Pyssel said...

Åhhh what a wonderful card. I have also looked back on your other latest cards. You impress me with your flowers and the different details. If I ever come to DC to see my son , who is still working there, I would so much want to see you.
Take care and have a good time. //Eva (Sweden)

Linda (swtanciety94@yahoo.com) said...

Selma, this is an elegant card with a WOW factor.
Each creation gets more and more amazing.
Thank you for sharing.
Oh, did I say I would love this card!!!!

Take care until the next over the top creation.

mary noble said...

Sooo pretty - thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails