Friday, February 5, 2021

Gaillardia - Twist & Pop Up Card


Good Morning.   This week on Susan's Garden Club Facebook Video Twist & Pop Up Card and creating Faux Wood, she demonstrated how to create the Twist & Pop Up Card.  I followed her easy instructions and created this card.  

I used a piece of Graphic 45, 12x12 inch, Blossom Collection design paper for the front and two inside panels. I liked this design paper because it has Gaillardia flowers in the design.  Since I was going to create Gaillardia flowers using Susan's die set, I used a yellow marker to color the tips of the flowers in the design paper, so they would match the flowers I was creating (the tips are white in the design paper). The white die cut circle is the Spellbinders, Brillante Rondelle (S4-991) die set. I didn't realize until I started writing this post that it is no longer available at Spellbinders.  I did link another beautiful circle die set you can use, below.  This die cut was attached with dimensional tape in the center of the front of the card.  

Susan's Foliage & Ladybug die set was used for the Rosemary, Berry Branch and little ladybug.  Small white pearls were used for the berries and they were colored using both an orange and a red Copic marker.  Using both colors on the pearls gave them a two tone appearance.  The Rosemary and berry branches were attached as shown.  The Ladybug was attached to one of the leaves and glaze added to it.

Three Gaillardia flowers were created using Susan's Garden Club Gaillardia die set.  They were arranged in the center of the Foliage.


On both the inside panels, I attached a piece of the same Graphic 45 design paper.  The Twist & Pop Up panel was create just like Susan's video instructions.  Yellow card stock was cut for each of the four panels and attached.  I have a box of previously stamp sentiments and I pulled out two about friendship and attached them on the two middle panels.  To decorate the two outside panels I used embellishments from a 49 Market, Vintage Artistry Wedgewood Layered Embellishment Sheet.  I used leaves for the side panels and a butterfly at the top of the card.  A die cut rectangle was added at the bottom to write a personal message.

This was an easy card to create.  Susan also has complete instructions on her blog, stierneyc.wordpress.com,   for the Twist & Pop Up Card. 

I have provided links below for your shopping convenience.  If you use these links, I will receive a small commission to help replenish my supplies, and there is no added expense to you.  Thank you for your support.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. I'm just starting to use Susan's Garden dies -- inspired by your many beautiful cards. When you are creating your flowers do you start with white cardstock or do you use colored?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails