Sunday, February 28, 2021

Happy Birthday


One of the first flowers I created using Susan's new Spring Flora release was a Peony out of Foamiran.  I love to create roses using Foamiran so was excited to see if I could create a realistic peony using Foamiran.   I die cut the peony pieces out of white Foamiran.  Using light pink PanPastel, I colored the  center petals.  I was trying to create a 'cupped' peony but did not achieve it.  I decided to post it anyway - this peony looks better in real life but not the way I wanted it to look.  

The design paper I used for the background is from the P13-Four Seasons, Spring 6x6 paper pack.  I cut this paper on the diagonal, cutting off the design on the upper left corner.  I only wanted to use the design in this piece of design paper that is in the lower right corner.  It was attached to a piece of white card stock that was scored around the edges with a Score Board.

In the upper left corner, five sweet peas were created using Susan's Sweet Pea die set.  They were die cut using Susan's Specialty card stock.  The petals were brushed pink using Distress Spun Sugar.  

Across the cut diagonal, I created a greeting using the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System.  The gold foiled sentiment is from the Spellbinders 'More Sentiments" glimmer plate set.  It was attached with dimensional foam squares.

I will continue practicing using Foamiran to create a peony with the petals more cupped up.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails