Friday, May 15, 2020

Tutorial for White Gerbera Daisies


I have a confession to make.   I created gerbera daisies and posted the card here on by blog a few days ago.  When I started to write up the blog post, I realized I had not added one of the die cuts for the center of the flower.  The glue had dried on the flowers, and I could not pull the centers out to add the largest die cut pieces. Since I had gone that far with the post, I went ahead and published that post.   Someone asked if I had written up a tutorial on how to create the white gerberas, so I created more white gerberas  and have a tutorial for you on this post.    Susan's Garden Notes Gerbera Daisy die set was used to create these flowers.





To create each flower, three layers of petals were used - two of one die cut and one of the other, which was placed in the center.  Also I die cut three each of the three pieces for the center for each flower (called floral disc).  I wasn't sure I would need that many, but I would always like to have too many pieces die cut than to have to go back and die cut more once I start assembling my flowers.  I save any pieces not used in a little container for future use.  All the pieces were die cut out of white card stock except the smallest pieces for the very center -- charcoal gray card stock was used for those die cuts.

Using Tim Holtz fine tip scissors, each of the spokes on the center die cuts (all 3 sizes) were cut in half to give a frilly appearance when shaped.  I ended up using three of the largest  and smallest die cuts for the center and only two of the middle die cuts.  

 After the spokes were clipped on the middle disk florets, the tips were dipped in glue then dipped in Polar White Flower Soft.  It only takes a small amount of the flower soft.  Two of these pieces were glued together, alternating the spokes.  The smallest ball stylus was used to press down in the center to cup this piece.  Three of the gray die cuts were glued together, alternating the spokes, then cupped well to fit in the very center of the flower.



This is how the flower looked after the two white disk florets were added.  Press down in the center, with the ball stylus on the molding mat, to cup the flower.  Add glue to the bottom of the gray die cuts and glue in the center.  Fluff up the white florets around the gray centers. 


These flowers are one of my favorite daisies.  They come in many beautiful colors.  I hope this tutorial helps you so you can create them for your projects.  

1 comment:

Dorothy Mutafopulos said...

You did another amazing job so beautiful will try to make these. Thanks for all your inspirational ideas. Hugs!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails