Sunday, January 19, 2020

White/Purple Pom Pom Dahlias



My favorite color is purple.  When I saw a picture of the Lilac Pom Pom Dahlia, I had to create them using Susan's Garden Club Pom Pom Dahlia die set.

For the background on this card, I used a piece of the design paper from the Tonic Dream In Color Craft Perfect 6x6" Patterened Paper Pad.  Using the Tonic Super Trimmer, which has a scoring blade on it, I scored 6 lines down the left side, then once around the other three sides.  The score lines are 1/8" apart.

Using the Pom Pom Dahlia die set, petals and leaves were die cut using white card stock.  On the two smallest set of petals, I sponged light yellow ink, then on the tips sponged bright pink, and then purple ink on the tips, blending the purple and pink inks. I used inks from the Nuvo Diamond Hybrid Ink Pads.   Working on the Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat, I lightly misted one layer of petals at a time using the Tonic Light Mist Spray Bottle then using tweezers, rolled each petal.  When lightly misting the petals, the rolled shape will hold.  Roll all the petals for each layer and allow to dry before assembly.  Use the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to attach the layers.  I suggest gluing 4 layers of the largest petals, then 3 layers of the next size, and one each of the three smaller layers.  You can adjust the number of layers so you have a nice, fully shaped flower.    Shape the leaves using Susan's Flower Tool Kit and sponge on green ink.

The small white flowers were created using an old die set from Susan's flower collection called Baby's Breath.  Just one branch of these flowers were created.   Behind the arrangement I used the Tonic Verso Die Set called Pine Cone Season.  The tall leaves were shaped using the flower tool kit and green ink sponged on both the front and back.  They were arranged on the left side of the card, then the pom pom dahlias added.  The Baby's Breath was then glued behind the top of the flowers.  The purple flowers are Asters from another older die set from Susan.

The beautiful butterfly is from the Tonic Monthly Craft Kit #29.  I love subscribing to this Craft Kit because you receive a large set of beautiful dies, stamps, card stock, and a variety of Nuvo products.  For this butterfly, the solid butterfly was die cut using Tonic's Classic Card, Amethyst Weave Textured card stock.  The top butterfly was die cut using white card stock.  For the dots on this wings, I used Nuvo Violet Galaxy Crystal Drops.  On the body of the butterfly, I added Nuvo Gloss Ebony Black Crystal Drops.  The wings are slightly separated.  The Happy Birthday Sentiment is a die cut from the Tonic Craft Kit #24.  In the upper right corner, I used a sentiment from my stash.   

Below, I have added links to all Tonic Studio's products I use.  If you use these links to purchase products, I will receive a small commission which helps me purchase supplies at no additional cost to you.  I appreciate you visiting my blog and appreciate your support.




1 comment:

SuzzieQ said...

Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails