Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Birthday Card



Yesterday I posted a card using some of the butterflies from the Tonic Studios Craft Kit #29.  Today I have another card using the large corner die from this kit.

For my birthday, I received the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System, foil metal plates, and some of the different foils.  I used this system to add foiling to my card.

I used a piece of light gold mirror card stock for the front of this card.  A piece of  Spellbinders Sparkly Silver Foil  was placed over the corner die, which comes in the Tonic Craft Kit,  heated, then run through the die cutting machine - following directions on how to foil with the Glimmer Hot Foil System.  This created a pretty, foiled outline of the die. 

I also received the Spellbinders Happiest Birthday Glimmer Hot Foil Plate and used it for the black foiled sentiment on the upper right side of the card.

The corner die was used again to die cut the dragonflies and butterfly out of Tonic Speciality Card, Silver Silk, Luxury Embossed Card.  One dragonfly was attached, along the body, over the same dragonfly in the foiled design on the card front.  The butterfly was attached the same way.  The other dragonfly was attached under the sentiment.  

For an additional embellishement, a flower was added in the lower left corner.  I used Susan's Spider Mum die set from Tonic Studios.




1 comment:

Mrs A. said...

This is beautiful. The finished foiling looks so professional . Love the addition of the flower too. The colour just goes so well against the silver. Hugs Mrs A.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails