Saturday, September 21, 2019

Foamiran Dahlia




Today I wanted to see if I could work with Susan's Garden Notes Dahlia 2 die set and Foamiran. Susan's dies will die cut through 4 layers of Foamiran at a time, making die cutting much quicker.  This is the first Foamiran Dahlia I have created, but I know I will be creating more.  I am asked where I get my Foamiran, as I have said before, I have a friend in the Netherlands that sent me several packages.  


 Four large petals and 3 each of the other size petals were die cut using a light yellow Foamiran. I used PanPastels to shade the petals the pink color.  A hot pink fine tip pen was used to draw the lines down each petal.  Each petal was then heated on a iron and shaped.  The center die cut was colored and the tips heated so they would curl inward, then rolled with the tweezers.  To make the center fuller, I used two of the long die cut center pieces.  Hot glue was used to assemble this flower.  Use the Leaf Tool in Susan's Flower Tool Kit to draw lines on the flower petals and the leaves.  

The three white pieces on this card were die cut using the Tonic Studio Cassandra's Ventana Media Die Set.  The center piece was sponged with the same PanPastel used on the flower petals.  The sentiment is from the Tonic Craft Kit #24.

Use the Nuvo Rhubarb Crumble Crystal Drops for the round embellishments.

I have linked the products I used below.  If you use these links to purchase products, I will receive a small commission.   I appreciate you visiting my blog and your support.





2 comments:

Glenda said...

Gorgeous! I find foam a bit tricky but gives lovely results!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Looks like this flower is getting set for Autumn! Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails