I have some exciting news. Last week, Pam Imholz emailed me and said I have been chosen to be the JUGS (Just Us Girls) Featured Designer for October. I am so honored and excited to join in on their weekly challenges. Also, it is a privilege to be a part of this 1st Anniversary Celebration Blog Hop.
This week there is a "Sketch" challenge, shown above. The stamps used for my card are from the Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch Flowers Precut set (Item #3303). I love working with the Heartfelt Creations stamps because they have both the precut stamps and matching die cuts. I stamped three different sizes of the posy patch flowers. They were stamped using VersaMark and white embossed. They were cut out using the matching Posy Patch dies (Item HCD 701). The layers were attached with dimensionals. The Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.
The pretty little posy flowers matched some old SU designer paper I have. I created the JUGS sketch, then in order to get my greeting across the three panels, I decided to stamp it onto a piece of acetate using Stazon Ink. This greeting is from Heartfelt Creations. It was attached above the three panels with Glue Glider Extreme Adhesive Squares under the two flowers. A pretty piece of lace was added to the top with Glue Glider Spooled Ribbon Adhesive and then three additional posies added. You will find a fantastic sale on Glue Glider guns and adhesives at Joan's Garden.
How to play: You need to upload your project for this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Inlinkz form on the JUGS blog. If you upload to online galleries, use the keyword or tag, JUGS53.
If you are hopping along and gathering all the letters to get an extra entry into the gift raffle my special letter for you is "C". If you started with my blog, you need to go back and visit each of the designers blogs to collect all the letters in order.
Selma Stevenson Featured Designer (That me)
Here's a list of generous prizes:
• My Time Made Easy - A Secret Surprise Stamp set PLUS In Suspense Template!
• Gina K Designs - Fanciful Tags stamp set
• Joan's Garden - $25 gift certificate to spend at Joan's store!!
• Paper MakeUp Stamps - $25 gift certificate!!
• Clear and Simple Stamps - donated the following prize package:(1) Awareness Darling stamp set(1) Awareness button mix sampler (includes buttons from I'm a Princess Pink, You're Such a Gray-cious Host, and A Blanc Check color stories)(1) I'm a Princess Pink Ribbon sampler (1 yd)(1) Limited Edition Attitude mini stamp. All products are made in the USA, ribbon is double-faced satin, and stamp sets are 100% photopolymer.
• WPlus9 - TWO stamp sets of the winner's choice!!!