Saturday, October 16, 2010

Silent Night


This card is made with stamps I received from Joan's Gardens.  The background stamp is Heartfelt Creations "Silent Night" and the other one is Heartfelt Creations "Wisemen Circle".  I took this picture at an angle so the shiny background would show up well.

My card base is vanilla card stock.  The designer paper is from the DCWV Mariposa Glitter & Foil stack.  I tried something I haven't done before.  I cut a piece of black card stock for the center of the card and stamped the "Silent Night" background using VersaMark Dazzel ink.  I then took Brilliant Gold PearlEx and brushed it over the ink.  I use cheap hairspray to set the PearlEx.    It gave me a very pretty "shiny" background to match my designer paper.  I created a border around this piece by placing it on the ScorPal and scoring an 1/8" line on the top then turned it over and scored another line 1/8" in from the first score line.  (One score line is inward and the other is raised.)

I made a rosette using the Tim Holtz Rosette die.  What an easy way to create rosettes.  After cutting the piece for the rosette, I used a VersaMark Marker to add some ink to the scalloped edges and along the "mountain" folds.  I then added gold embossing powder and heat set it.  The strip was then folded and formed into the rosette.  The "Wisemen" were black embossed on  gold card stock and cut out with a circle Nestie and glued to the top of the rosette.  I created a "triple" bow out of 5/8" sheer gold ribbon then used the heat tool to "crinkle" the ribbon. 

All products used to create this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.


11 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Selma, this is a stunning Christmas card. You took such care with each individual step and it turned out beautifully!

craftieodmae said...

as gorgeous as ever. Don't uya love using HFC stamps!

Kerrie said...

Gorgeous christmas card.

A Consuming Passion said...

Such an Elegant Christmas card Selma......Beautiful!

Heide said...

What a beautiful card, love the gold embossed words and how you beautiful displayed the image. I have become a follower on your fantastic blog.
Thank you for the comment on my calender. With out it I would not of found your blog!

Colleen said...

Selma,
Stunning! Love the bow!

Mary G. said...

Oh, Selma, this is beautiful! Very elegant- and I love the words embossed in gold! TFS!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So rich and elegant!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! The gold sentiment is fabulous and the image perfect! Clean and classy!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gorgeous!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, you really out did yourself on this card. I love how you put the stamped image on top of the rosette. Everything about it is just beautiful.

By the way, I will have the rosette die in stock after today.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails