Friday, November 18, 2022

Faceted Diamond Easel Card


I am happy you came to visit my blog today.  It is a very, very cold day here today so I decided to create another Christmas card.  In Susan's Garden Club Facebook Live Video, she showed how to create a faceted diamond easel card.  Using her directions, I created one of these cards.  


Silver metallic card stock triangles were added to the diamond cut outs in that fold in on the center of the card.  

Before adding the front panels to the card, a strip of acetate was added across the center of the card.  This is what the square that holds the poinsettia is attached to.

The design paper I used is from the Paper Heaven-White As Snow 6x6 inch pad.  For the mats I used Silver Metallic Card Stock. 

For the side panel on the inside of the card, I used a piece of dark green cardstock for the mat and then used the Spellbinders Scenic Poinsettia 3-D embossing folder to embossed a piece of silver metallic card stock.  I added a piece of heavy weight white cardstock under the embossed piece.  This piece was attached using dimensional tape.



 I die cut a 3" white square, a 3 1/4" silver square and glued them together.  In the middle of this square, I used the Spellbinders Essential Diamond  Etched die set to die cut a silver diamond.  It was attached in the middle of the squares.  This square was attached to the piece of acetate that goes across the center of the card.  

Susan's Poinsettia die set was used to create a white poinsettia.  It was die cut using Susan's Specialty Card Stock.  For the bracts,  added light green styrofoam balls then glued a small yellow Prill to the top of each ball.  To shape the poinsettia, I used Susan's Flower Tool Kit then assembled using Kids Glue.

Susan's Winter Evergreen Foiliage die set was used to die cut the Whitepine branches.  I used white styrofoam balls for the berries, then used a fine tip pen to press down on the end of each berry.

As a final touch, I added snow paste to the white pine branches then sprinkled on Twinkletts glitter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails