Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Today Is A Good Day To Smile




Today I created a slimline card and decorated it using Susan's Garden Hollyhock die set.

Spellbinders Fluted Classics Slimline die set was used to die cut the pink frame.  In the center of this frame, I die cut a white rectangle using the same die set then embossed it using the Spellbinders 3D Leafy Embossing Folder.  I used the Scor-Pal to draw a score line around the edges for a finished appearance.  

Using Susan's Hollyhock die set, three stems were die cut out of water color paper, colored and shaped.  They were glued to the card.  The same die set was used to die cut the hollyhock petals out of Susan's Specialty Cardstock.  I used two shades of ink to sponge on the base of each petal.  In the center, I used a light green PanPastel.  For the stamen, I colored the die cut yellow then added glue to the base and each point, rolled it up, using the Tweezers in the Flower Tool Kit, pressing the three stamen points together to form one stamen.  Then glue was added to the front and back of the stamen and dipped in yellow pollen.  Hollyhocks have just one tall stamen.  The leaves were die cut using watercolor paper, colored using markers, then the stem lines highlighted with light green PanPastel.  They were spritzed lightly with water before shaping them with the tools in the Flower Tool Kit.  

The sentiment I used is a stamp from my stash.  


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails