Monday, August 22, 2022

Sunflowers with Gilding Flakes Background


Hello Paper Crafters.  I am happy you came to visit my blog today.  

I have everything out to 'play' with Gilding Flakes so decided to do an Autumn card.  It has been around 100 degrees here for weeks and today it is 64 degrees.  Feels like Autumn weather.

This is a 6x6 inch card.  I used a piece of sheet adhesive to attach to a piece of white card stock.  On the top sticky side, I used Cosmic Shimmer Mulled Wine Gilding Flakes to cover all the adhesive, rubbing in it well.  For the embossed design, I used the Lisa Horton 3D Veriegated Leaf Embossing Folder.  The card stock was placed with the foiled side on the raised side of the embossing folder so it would be debossed.  The piece was then cut down to 5 1/2 Inches square.  A black StazOn Pigment Ink Pad was lightly brushed over the raised portion of the embossed folder.  This piece was attached to a brown card stock panel.

I didn't want to cover up much of this beautiful background so for a little embellishment, I used two circle dies that were slightly offset together and die cut a circle frame.  It was attached to the upper right side of the card front.  

Susan's Sunflower die set was used to create three Sunflowers.  They were die cut using her Specialty Card Stock.  The die cut pieces were placed on the Waffle Flower Media Mat and brushed with two shades of yellow ink.  A marker was used to add the redish brown color at the base of the petals.  The center of the flowers was created using Prills and Pollen.

The Winter Bough & Evergreen Shrubs die set was used to die cut the leafy branch.  The leaf tool in the Flower Tool Kit was used to deepen the score lines in the leaves, then shaped using the tweezers.  Tiny Styrofoam balls were colored with a brown Arteza acrylic paint and added for berries.

I had planned to add a sentiment to the front of this card, but didn't want to cover up any more of the foiled design, so I just added some gold embellishments from my stash around the brown circle.


This is such a fun technique to play with.  I don't think the photos captures the real beauty of the Gilding Flakes.  The embossed background is really beautiful!

I have added product links below for the products used for creating this card.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails