Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Poinsettia with Cinnamon Sticks


Good Morning Paper Gardeners.  Today I created a wreath with speckled poinsettias and pinecones created with Susan's new Spellbinders Christmas release die sets. The die sets used from this new release include:  Woodland Wreath & Feathered Friends, Poinsettia, Winterberry & Mistletoe, and Pinecone & Evergreen Bough.  

For the background I used a dotted embossing folder for to give a piece of white card stock texture.

It is hard to see, but I die cut the Woodland Wreath twice from brown card stock and attached it to the card front of the card for a base for the wreath.

Using the Pinecone & Evergreen Bough Die set, enough evergreen boughs were die cut to cover the wreath. The boughs were die cut using green card stock.     I used scissors, from the Flower Tool Kit,  to split the tips of each pine needle and fluffed them up for fullness.  They were glued around the wreath using Bearly Art Glue.

Using the Mistletoe die, six branches were die cut, using Susan's White cardstock.  Two shades of green were brushed on the leaves.  They were shaped using the tools in Susan's new Spellbinders tool kit.  For the mistletoe berries, I used white bean bag Styrofoam balls.  They were glued to the mistletoe branches.  A black fine line pen was used for the black dot on the end of each berry.  

An item you sometimes see at Christmas time on wreaths, are cinnamon sticks.  I used white computer paper and cut a narrow strip about as long as I wanted for the cinnamon sticks.  I brushed two shades of brown ink, on both sides of the paper, then using a small paint brush handle, rolled the paper about the size of a cinnamon stick, cut it off and glued the end down.  I brushed on additional ink after it was rolled.  Three sticks were glued together, then I wound thin twine around the middle to hold the three together and tied it off. They were glued to the wreath using Bearly Art Glue.

Using the Pinecone & Evergreen die set, three pinecones were created.  Brown cardstock was used to die cut the pieces.  Once assembled, white pigment ink was brushed on the tips of the cone scales.  This helped to add dimension to them.  


Using the Poinsettia die set, two red speckled poinsettias were created. I use Susan's Specialty White Card Stock to die cut all pieces.  I like to use the Waffle Flower Water Media Mat and brushes (linked below) to add color to my die cut pieces. To create the white speckles, a paintbrush was dipped in white acrylic paint and splattered over the petals.  Once dry, the poinsettias were shaped using the Flower Tool Kit and assembled using Bearly Art Glue.  The poinsettias and pinecones were attached to the wreath.

To finish off the wreath, a red bow was made and attached to the top.

I appreciate you visiting my blog.  I have added links to products below.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails