Monday, July 26, 2021

Pink Poinsettia



Oh how I love creating Susan's Poinsettias!  There are many different colors of poinsettias and one of my favorites are the pink variegated variety.

This is a six inch square card.  For the background I used a piece of Christmas cardstock from my stash.  It is from a 12x12 Recollections pad called Christmas Noel.

The die cut in the center is a Spellbinders Richelieu Square.  The larger piece was die cut using silver metallic card stock  It was attached with dimensional tape.  The white square die cut is from the same die set.  It was glued to the silver square.

The quote is from Susan's Christmas Clear Stamp set.  It was stamped using VersaFine Black Ink then die cut using a circle die from the Spellbinders Triple Tear die set.  It was attached with dimensional tape. 

I always use Susan's Specialty White Cardstock to create flowers with Susan's dies but I needed an off white for this particular poinsettia.  I used ivory card stock and die cut the petals for the poinsettia.   For the pink, I used pink watercolor, that was thinned down and brushed it down the center of each petal. I like the way it flowed not leaving harsh lines.    The tools in Susan's new Flower Tool Kit were used to shape it.   Nuvo drops were used for the bracts and a tiny yellow Prill glued to the top of each one.

Behind the poinsettia I used the Pinecone & Evergreen Bough die set and die cut three bough branches.  The needles on this die cut were cut in half using the scissors in the Flower Tool Kit.  The variegated leaves were die cut using the Winter Bough & Evergreen Shrubs die set.  Two shades of green markers were used to color these leaves.  For the berries I used tiny Styrofoam beads that were colored with pink acrylic paint.  A fine point black pen was used to add the black dot on the end of each berry.   


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails