Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Prairie Roses



Today I worked with Susan's Garden Notes Prairie Rose die set and some Foamiran to create these flowers.  I am not real happy with my work creating the roses, but thought I would go a head and create a card with them.  With a little more practice, I think they will be perfect! 

The petals were die cut out of white Foamiran.  First a light pink ink was sponged on the ends of the petals then a bright pink sponged on the edges.   The petals were shaped then glued together using hot glue. Two buds were created using five flower petals. The leaves were die cut using light green Foamiran.   They were sponged with a dark green ink and highlighted with red ink.  The stamens were created using some small white stamens. I used a yellow marker to color the stamen and a rusty brown marker to color the tips.  A small round yellow stamen was used in the middle.  The small stamens were glued around the yellow stamen.  I had to cut the flowers apart -- 2 petals in one piece and 3 petals in the other.  They were glued around the stamen.  To create the stems, I heated, stretched, and rolled green Foamiran.  

I had fun working on these flowers, but want to create them again with Foamiran and see if I can make them perfect.

I love that we can use Susan's dies to create paper flowers but also use them for Foamiran flowers.  

4 comments:

Glenda said...

I just have to tell you how beatiful I think this is! Your flowers are amazing and coloring the stamen with a marker is genius! I have to admit that thought crossed my mind before but I never actually colored stamen. Now I must try it soon! Have a great rest of the week!

SuzzieQ said...

Your design is so fresh and beautiful. Your flowers are gorgeous. Coloring white stamens is a great idea. Thank you for sharing your art work. I enjoy your designs.

Ann said...

Beautiful! What die did you use for the corner of the card?

Cheryl W said...

Your prairie roses are so delicate and lovely! Love this card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails