Fall is a beautiful season. I designed a card combining Susan's Garden Notes Square Window & Flower Box and Carolina Window and Shutters die sets. It was fun creating a new type window using both these die sets.
- Create a 6-inch square card.
- Use a sheet of the Through The Lens -Wood cardstock to cover the front of the card.
- Sponge around the edge of the card front using black ink.
- Use brown cardstock and die cut the window frames using the window dies in both the Square Window and Carolina Window die sets.
- Cover a piece of white cardstock large enough to fit behind both window frames. Cover it with a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Cut this cardstock to create a backing for both windows.
- Use a piece of gold/bronze foil to cover the adhesive covered cardstock. Attach the die cut window frames over the foil.
- Attach the Carolina Window Frame, centered, over the Square Window as shown in the above picture.
- Attach the window on the right side of the card.
- Use Susan's Chrysanthemum die set and assemble two burgundy flowers.
- Use Susan's Dahlia die set and die cut enough petals yellow petals for one flower. Sponge the tips of the petals with orange ink.
- Use the ModaScrape Leafy Branch 4 die set and die cut three rust branches. Use the Leaf Tool and pad to draw a vein down the center of each leaf.
- Add Prills to add berries to the Leafy Branches. (It is time consuming but I picked out the dark red Prills in one of the Secret Garden jars. You an use yellow or orange Prills instead.)
- Use the ModaScrap Pair of Leaves 1 die set and die cut three sets of leaves using Olive Twist cardstock. Draw a vein down the center of each leaf using the Leaf Tool. Use the dark red PanPastel to sponge a little color to the edges of the leaves.
- Use Susan's Garden Woodland Leaves die set to die cut two Oak Leaves. Draw veins on leaves using the Leaf Tool. Color the leaves using PanPastels. Push the leaves down onto VersaMark Ink and clear emboss.
- Arrange flowers and leaves as shown in picture.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products are linked below.