When I need a beautiful quick and easy card, I always think about some of the beautiful techniques Els has shown us on her Technique Friday YouTube Videos. One of my favorite techniques is the Sparkly Flower Lace Card. These cards are so beautiful and can be used for just about any occasion.
Here is how the card was created:
- Create a folded card out of Dark Fuchsia Soft Finish Cardstock measuring 5 1/4 by 6 1/4 inches. The Soft Finish Cardstock is colored on one side and white on the other, which makes it nice for adding your sentiment to the inside of the card.
- Die cut the Flower Lace 2 out of White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock 4 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches. Cover it with Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Peel the release sheet off the adhesive and attach the Flower Lace 2 die cut, being careful not to touch the adhesive with your fingers. Use the release sheet to press the die cut down firmly.
- Get out your glitter tray so you can add glitter to the adhesive. Els uses a lid with a Swifter in the bottom. Also needed is a coffee filter and brush. These items are shown in Els YouTube Video.
- Put the release sheet down on one corner so you can hold it. Holding card over the coffee filter, pour Diva Silk Microfine Glitter over the card front to cover all the adhesive. Remove the release sheet and finish adding glitter. Brush excess glitter off into coffee filter. Pour loose glitter back into glitter jar. Polish the glitter, for a shiny finish, with your finger. Rub the glitter in circles until the whole thing is sparkly.
- Add the glittered piece onto a slightly larger white card stock, using strips of 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Use the Thinking of You die set and die cut the sentiment using White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Add the panel to the front of the card.
- Before starting, you can watch the YouTube, Technique Friday with Els - Sparkly Flower Lace Card at this LINK.