Thursday, June 29, 2017
Today I have a card I designed using Foamiran to create a lilac I used white Foamiran and colored a strip of it using PanPastels. I used two shades of purple PanPastels to give the petals some dimension. You can use a dark purple and sponge some white over it to achieve a light purple. The PanPastels blend very well The small flowers were die cut, heated then attached to a branch created with card stock. The die I used is old and no longer available. Two branches were die cut and a floral wire attached over the top of one branch, using Clear Double Sided Adhesive. The same adhesive was attached to the back of the second branch and attached over the wired branch. This gave the card stock branch more stability and could be shaped (bent) because of the wire inside it. The leaves for the lilac were colored using two shades of green PanPastels and dark red PanPastel.
The framed background for the lilac was die cut using Dotted Scallop Ovals and Stitched Ovals. The butterflies were die cut using the Dancing Butterfly die set.