Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Each Friday, I always look forward to watching the Elizabeth Craft Designs - Technique Friday with Els YouTube Videos. This card was inspired by her Glitter Imprint Technique, which you can watch at this LINK.
While watching the video, I visualized the new ModaScrap Dancing Butterflies in Glitter and also one of the A Way With Words Sentiments. I chose the new Beautiful die set for this card.
The card was created following Els instructions for doing the die imprint. The dies were run through the die cutting machine, leaving the imprint and then different colors of Silk Microfine Glitter added. One thing you need to be careful of, is to make sure the protective sheet over the adhesive is firmly pressed down before adding glitter to the areas you have pulled off the protective sheet. If it is not, you will end up with glitter "leaking" down on the background. This happened to me at the bottom of the purple butterfly and I did not realize it until I pulled off the background sheet. Luckily I was able to cover that little mistake with some small flowers!
The butterflies were glittered using two shades of each color; two shades of purple, two shades of blue and two shades of pink. The sentiment was glittered using dark green Silk Microfine Glitter.
To glitter the background, I pulled up the bottom portion (below the butterflies) of the protective sheet and poured on green glitter. Normally you rub the glitter in well before using the next color, but I did not do that on this background. I wanted a blended background, going from green on the bottom to blue on the top. The green glitter was rubbed in to about an inch from the edge. The blue glitter was poured onto the background (with the top of the card facing down) and the blue glitter was poured over part of the green. This caused a mixture of the glue and green which did not cause a sharp line between the two colors. The entire background was polished with my fingers to bring out the shine.
Once the glittered "picture" was complete, a dark green frame was cut to fit around it. To give it some dimension, it was was attached using dimensional tape around the edges. Black Peel Off Line Stickers were added around the inside edge of the frame to give it a finished appearance.
To decorate the bottom of the card, I used Susan's Garden Notes Zinnia die set to create the flowers. I used Prills for the center of each flower. The small flowers were created with the flower die in the CountryScapes Clematis Ivy die set. Prills were also added to the center of each of these flowers. The new ModaScrap Leafy Branch 4 die set was used to die cut the leaves behind the flowers.
Els has a lot of fun techniques using the Silk Microfine Glitters on YouTube. I hope you will check them all out for inspiration.
The products used are listed below.