Sunday, November 8, 2009
It's Magical Monday. It is time for the "There's Magic In The Air" Monday Challenge. There are two additional pictures of this card below.
I know Nina May has been very, very sick and I want to send her some Get Well Wishes. Hope you are feeling better real soon Nina.
The image Nina designed for this week is "Elegant Pumpkins". The challenge Leigh Anne gave us is to make a monochromatic card. You probably know, but that means using one color but you can use different shades in that color. The color I chose to use is orange. You can check out all the details on the "There's Magic In The Air" blog.
I decided to make a style of card I have never made before. It is an "Easel Card". When closed, this card measures 5 1/2 inches square. Lynn on Splitcoaststampers has directions for a 4x4 easel card here. I wanted a larger card so cut my base card 5.5 x 11 inches. It is scored on the landscape side at 2.75 and 5.5 inches. This gives me the 5.5 inch square card with a 2.75 inch "easel" panel in which the front piece is attached.
A piece of pumpkin pie CS was embossed with the Cuttlebug pumpkin harvest embossing folder. A Labels 4 Nestability was centered over the embossed design and cut out the shape for a "window" effect. To cut the "frame" around that opening I used the same Nestie, plus one size smaller centered in the middle, which gave me the narrow frame. The card stock color is tangerine tango, which is the darkest of the oranges used. Behind the opening I glued two different orange designer papers. I wanted to make the image look like it was on a table -- did I accomplish that? I'm not sure!
A piece of striped designer paper was attached to a 5 1/2 inch square of tangerine tango CS. The embossed card stock was then attached and a thin Cuttlebug embossed border added along the seam. The "Elegant Pumpkins" were printed off and colored with Copic markers then cut out. Some glitter was added for shine. The image was attached with dimensionals in the framed area. Different shades of orange flowers were created and a brad put in the middle to hold them together. They were attached to the border with glue dot dimensionals.
A 5 1/4 inch square of designer paper was attached to the bottom of the card. The digital verse is also available from Nina. It was printed on tangerine tango CS and cut out using long rectangle Nestabilities and embossed before taking it out of the die. Another flower was attached to a large orange button with a large glue dot. The bottom of the button was attached with ScorTape. This is a very strong tape and will hold the top of the card when open in the easel position. When you close the card, it is a 5.5 inch square card.
When you go over to "There's Magic In The Air" blog, you will find more cards by the Design Team using this digital design by Nina. This FREE digital design will be available until next Monday.
This is a picture looking down on the verse when card is propped open.
Here is a picture showing side view when card is open, This photo actually shows the correct colors of the card. It has been very dark and cloudy and even with an OTT light, I was not able to get very good pictures. However, this one really shows the pretty oranges.
Be sure to go over to "There's Magic In The Air" to download this Free image and participate in the Challenge.
Thanks for stopping by.