Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Kitty

Today, by accident, I ran across a blog called Penny Black Saturday Challenge. It is a sketch challenge using at least one Penny Black stamp. Here is the link: http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/. I am kind of new at doing challenges. I started after I signed up as a member of StampTV. It has been lots of fun participating. I love Penny Black stamps and have started collecting them from Stamper's Dream. When I saw this blog, thought I would participate. I used this kitty from Critter Party. I colored the design with Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS. The background papers are all from SU. The layers are So Saffron, Basic Black and Real Red. The verse is from the Critter Party. I stamped it then cut it out with small oval nestabilities. Before taking out of the die, I sponged it with So Saffron ink. The flowers, design, and verse are all up on dimensionals. The piece of black was run through the Swiss Dots cuttlebug embosssing folder.

5 comments:

Pauline C said...

Hi Selma - welcome to the PBSC and glad you found us - always nice to find another PB stamp lover :-) Fab first entry for the challenge - love your image and how you have colorued the background, plus your colour scheme is great. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week and hope to see you often.
Pauline x

tracie said...

Hi Selma and welcome to PBSC, oh I love this card the colour combo is fabulous and what a cute image ~ Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
Hugs
Tracie :)x

Brenda said...

Selma, this is great. I love Penny Black and I have done a few of the challenges. I am glad you found and then shared your wonderful creation.

Kath Stewart said...

Welcome to Penny Black Saturday and I'm so glad you found us...gorgeous card...love the black and red combo and your cute kitty........great take on the sketch and thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC and hope to see you often....
Hugs Kath xxxxxx

Dianna said...

Selma,

It's my birthday card kitty on a new and cute card. I just love that little kitty, she really has personality. Such a cute cute card.

Dianna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails