Monday, April 13, 2009

Basket of Flowers

This is a card I made for Theresa's Color Challenge on StampTV. The colors were yellow, orange and red was optional. I used the Divine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder and Vanilla cardstock for the top half of card and a piece of SU designer paper for the bottom. I used a Cuttlebug embossing border for the band in the middle. The basket is from a retired SU set. I gold embossed the basket then lightly sponged Barely Banana on it. The flowers are from Melanine's "A Year of Flowers" (GinaK). I used sponge daubers and SU Real Red, Summer Sun, Only Orange pads to color the flowers. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the fern leaves and butterflies, and tiny mico black beads for the centers of the flowers. The bird is from A Touch of Nature (SU). I used a petite scallop Nestabilities for the verse and sponged with Summer Sun ink. Three red pearls were added in the lower corner.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful job, those are so tough colors, and you did an amazing job with it.

Dianna said...

Selma,

I love your color combination, and I especially love the flowers. Very nice card, and very colorful.

Dianna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails