Thursday, January 19, 2023

Arrangement on Bamboo Trellis


Good Morning.   Today I had fun doing something different with Susan's new Bamboo Trellis 3-D Embossing Folder from her Painter's Garden release.

This is a 5x7 inch card.  I first used the Bamboo Trellis embossing folder and embossed a piece of white cardstock.  Before putting it in the folder, I lightly misted the back of the cardstock.  This embossed piece was dried with the heat tool. The cardstock won't cut very well if damp.   I thought It would be fun to have open squares between the bamboo trellis.  I used a 3/4" square die and individually die cut each opening. After die cutting all the little squares, it flattened the 3-D embossing.  I lightly misted the back again and placed it carefully  back in the embossing folder and embossed it again.  The piece was dried again with the heat tool. This took a little bit of time to die cut the squares, but I like the results.  For a background between the trellis, I found a piece of light lavender design paper, that had a faint brick design, in my stash.  The Trellis was cut down to fit the card and the design paper glued to the back of the trellis.   

For the floral arrangement, the Gerber die set was used to create two gerber flowers.  They were die cut using Susan's Specialty Cardstock, colored, and shaped using Susan's Flower Tool Kit.  Kids Choice Glue was used to assemble the flowers.  Prills were added to the centers.

The Zinnia die set was used to die cut the five zinnia flowers.  For instructions on how to assemble any of Susan's flowers, you can go to YouTube and search Spellbinders, Susan's Garden.  Susan has created these flowers in previous releases years ago, but these new die sets are improved and make it very quick and easy to create.  

Susan's Berry Branch was die cut twice using watercolor paper and colored light brown.  On one branch I added lavender styrofoam balls for the berries, and the other branch I added dark purple styrofoam balls.  The branches were cut apart and attached under the arrangement.

I am happy with results of die cutting the little squares to help make the beautiful trellis show up really well.  Would you take the time to do this?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails