Saturday, April 30, 2022

Wedding Cake Card


Good Morning.  We have some exciting news.  Our oldest granddaughter will be getting married soon.  I wanted to create a 'different' type wedding card for her.  I decided to use the instructions on how Susan created a Spring Hat on her FaceBook video.  I decorated the 'hat' card to resemble a wedding cake.  

To decorate the top of the card, I wanted to use the wedding colors, which are blue and gray.  The bottom layer on the base of the top was covered with a piece of pearlized white card stock.  On top of that is a smaller scalloped white circle.  For the raised 'cake', I covered the side with a border crisscross die cut, then a very narrow scallop die cut around the bottom edge.  On the top, I added a silver die cut doily.    I used silver metallic card stock for the gray to give it an elegant appearance.   I created two white roses and a rose bud,  using Susan's Hybrid Rose die set.  For blue, I used Susan's Forget-Me-Not die set and created the blue flowers.  Around the sides of the 'cake' I added small pieces of ivy leaves, that were die cut using Susan's Ferns & Ivy die set and attached additional Forget-Me-Not flowers.

I did not have any wedding dies or stamps.  I dug through some of my stash and found silver wedding stickers.  They worked out perfect.  The edge of the card was too plain, so I added dot silver stickers all the way around.



Silver stickers were used to decorate the inside of the card. 



Picture of card with the top  tucked in raised piece on inside of the card, for display.


Side view showing how card stands up.

I had fun coming up with something different for her wedding card.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails