Monday, March 14, 2022

Peach Blossoms


Good Morning.   Today I have a card I created with Susan's Peach Blossom die set set and a 3D embossing folder.  

This is a 6x6 inch card.  The blue background is a piece of textured cardstock from Tonic that I have had in my stash for a while. I always like to place the background cardstock on a Score Board and score 1/8 inch around the edges for a finished appearance.   I used one of the Spellbinders Candlewick Oval dies to die cut the oval.  For the design under this die cut oval, I used the Altenew Blossoming Branches 3D embossing folder.  I die cut the blue piece so that the bird would show.  To color the embossed design, I used Susan's PanPastels to give just a hint of color to the design.  The embossing folder works so well with Susan's Peach Blossom die set.  The blue card stock was attach using dimensional foam squares so it would be slightly raised above the embossed design.

I love using Susan's Winter Bough from her Winter Bough & Evergreen Shrubs die set.  I use it for so many of her flowers.  I die cut this branch using brown card stock and lightly brushed green in over it.  It was attached using Bearly Art Glue.


Susan's Peach Blossom die set was used to die cut the blossoms.  Light pink ink was brushed on the petals that were die cut using Susan's Specialty Cardstock.  Both the front and back were colored.  I like to place the die cut on the Waffle Flower Media Mat and brush on colors using the Picket Fences Blending Brushes.  It is such a quick and easy way to apply color.  For the color at the base of each petal, I used a bright pink Copic marker.  The flowers were shaped using the tools in Susan's Flower Tool Kit.  The die cut stamens were cut down the center, using the scissors in the Tool Kit,  to create long thin stamens. This makes them look more realistic.   They were brushed with bright pink ink and a maroon marker used to color just the tips.  No pollen was used on these stamens.  The flowers were glued to the branch, then the stamens glued in the center.  The leaves were also die cut using Susan's Specialty Cardstock and lightly sponged with green ink, shaped and glued around the blossoms.

One of Susan's Garden Favorite Quotes was stamped on white card stock and die cut using a smaller Candlewick Oval.  It was attached using dimensional foam squares.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails