Sunday, February 27, 2022

Pray for Ukraine



Today I am posting a card in support for Ukraine.  Their national flower is the Sunflower.

Normally I create sunflowers with a dark brown center, but have seen several pictures of sunflowers with a light green/yellow center, so decided to try and duplicate that.  However, after taking a photo, I decided to cover the green/yellow center and pour on the dark Prills.
I like the sunflowers with the dark center better.  Which ones do you like best?

For the background, I used a piece of blue cardstock and used the Spellbinders Christmas Foliage Strip & Borders die set to die cut the design at the bottom of the card.

Using Susan's Garden Favorites Sunflower die set from Spellbinders, I created three Sunflowers.  The petals were die cut using Susan's Specialty Cardstock.  Using the Waffleflower Media Mat, a bright yellow ink was brushed onto the petals, front and back.  A darker golden yellow ink was brushed on at the base of the petals.  They were shaped using Susan's Flower Tool Kit.  For the stamen, Yellow Pollen was used for the outer stamen die cut circle.  For the very center, I first glued in green Prills and let them dry, then added glue around the green Prills and poured on yellow Prills.  Like I said above, I decided I wanted the sunflowers to have the dark center, so I added glue on top the existing Prills and pour on the Taken For Granite Prills.  The leaves were die cut using watercolor paper, veins drawn on and brushed with dark green ink.  Around the edges, I sponged on white PanPastel.  

The sentiment is from the Altenew Sentiment Strips stamp set.  It was stamped with black VersaFine Ink and die cut using the dies from that set.

Pearls and rhinestone were added to complete the card.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails