Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Gift Card Sleigh Pop Up


Sometimes you know someone who prefers to receive a Gift Card at Christmas time but you would also like to give them something else special.  You can do that when you create this cute Christmas card using Karen Burniston's Sleigh Gift Card Holder Pop Up die set.  Karen gives very clear instructions on her YouTube Sleigh Gift Card Holder Pop Up Video at this LINK.  I'm sure you will love creating this card for your gift cards.

You could leave the Pop Up Sleigh as a simple card, or you can add any embellishments you would like.  I have used Karen's Rudy the Reindeer die set, Outdoor Edges (at bottom of the card), Merry Christmas Pop Up and Iron Fence Pop Up die sets.  It is easy to use the die cut pieces from Pop Up Sets for other things other than just creating pop up cards.  The sentiment was stamped using two stamps from Karen's Merry & Bright Clear Stamp Set.   The Christmas tree was die cut using Els van de Burgt Studio 5-Part Pine die set and decorated with Peel Off Stickers.  Glitter Peel Off Stickers were also added along the bottom of the card across design paper..   


This is a side view so you can see how the Sleigh pops up.  The die cut also includes tabs to hold a gift card to hold it secure.



For the front of the card, I added a piece of design paper from a Christmas pad I have had in my stash.   I used the A Way With Words Merry Christmas die for the sentiment.  It was die cut with Clear Double Sided Adhesive on top of the card stock and Cool Diamond Silk MicroSoft Glitter added.


On the bottom of the card I added one of Els van de Burgt Studio Holiday Garlands 1 die cuts.  This is a string of Christmas lights so I wanted to add glitter to the lights.  A piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive was used on top of White Soft Finish Cardstock and the Holiday Garland was die cut.  

There are two Elizabeth Craft Tools that are a MUST HAVE for all my card creations; they are the Fine Pointed Scissors and the Fine Pointed Tweezers.  I really don't know how I ever got along without them.  

To glitter the Christmas lights red, I used the Fine Pointed Tweezers to lift the the covering up off the light bulbs and snipped that piece off, leaving just the adhesive over the light bulbs exposed.  I did that for all the bulbs on one side.  I then sprinkled the Ruby Silk Microfine Glitter over the adhesive, then rubbed it in well.   


The same process was done on the other side, having glitter on all the light bulbs. Make sure to rub the glitter with your fingers to bring out the shine. Next I used the Fine Pointed Tweezers to pull the center covering off the string of lights and added Regal Green Silk Microfine Glitter.  The String of Lights was added to the bottom of the card.

The following products can be purchased from Elizabeth Craft Designs:




4 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I am getting into Christmas cards as well and this is a fabulous one for sure, Selma.

Anonymous said...

Selma, your Pop-up cards are AWESOME!!
I just admired your funny Halloween card, but this one is great too!!
Thank you for so many wonderful inspiration.
Hugs, Eva.

Gmalew said...

Beautifully crafted version of this "pop up" I really need this die. Thank you for the inspiration!

SuzzieQ said...

Such a cute pop-up card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails