Thursday, December 3, 2015

Merry Christmas Pop-up Tree


 Karen Burniston has such a fabulous line of pop-up dies, available at Elizabeth Craft Designs.  It is always fun to receive a card with a pop-up feature, but I believe it is even more fun to create one.  Karen makes it so easy with her pop-up dies!  You can watch Karen's videos at this YouTube LINK to learn easy assembly for any of her pop-up dies.

Christmas Trees Pop Stand (1037)

Today, I worked with her Christmas Tree Pop Stand.  On the front of my A-2 size card, I embossed the front panel with the Lots of Dots Embossing Folder.  I used one of the extra trees from the Pop-up dies for the front of the card.  I used Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, attached to green card stock, to die cut the pieces, so I could add Forest Green Silk Microfine Glitter on the die cut tree pieces.  After cutting out the tree pieces, I had extra green card stock with the adhesive on it, so I tried something new.  I die cut the Christmas Tree garland, which I wanted red,  out of the green card stock.  I peeled off the adhesive and sprinkled on True Red Silk Microfine Glitter.  It covered the green and looked beautiful.  I was afraid I would have to die cut the garland using white card stock, so it is nice to know that you can use up any color card stock and the colored Silk Microfine Glitters will cover and look beautiful.

I die cut the A Way With Words - Merry Christmas using white card stock that had Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the top.  The True Red Silk Microfine Glitter was sprinkled on.  Around the edges of the card front, I add ECD line stickers.  Also the bells and gold star are also ECD Peel Off Stickers.



When you close the card, it folds flat, so it is very easy to mail.  However, when you open the card, this beautiful 3-D tree pops up.  I followed Karen's instructions on YouTube for assembly.  Like I said earlier, I die cut the tree with Clear Double Sided Adhesive tape on both sides of the green card stock so I could add glitter, and the tree would sparkle.  It was decorated with a variety of Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel Off Stickers.  At both ends of the card, on the inside, I added Karen's Paris Edges die cut so it would be easy to write a personal greeting on the bottom end.

I had so much fun creating this card.  I will be creating more and will have fun decorating the tree in different ways.  


Here is a close up picture so you can see the dimension of the tree.

Below are links to the products from Elizabeth Craft  Designs that were used:




2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I love pop-up cards, Selma, and yours is fabulous!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a gorgeous Pop Up Card Selma

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails