Thursday, March 26, 2015

Rose in Accordion Oval Card

 Do you enjoy creating fun shaped cards?  Today I used the Elizabeth Craft Designs Accordion Oval Card die set along with the Garden Notes - Rose 2 dies to create this fun card.  I used black card stock to die cut the main card shape.  The red frame was created using the Oval Flourish Frame Edge dies.  I watched Susan's video on steps to create this small rose and bud.  I love this Rose 2 die set because it includes the dies to create the small rose, stem/leaves and the rose bud. 


 This is a picture of the Accordion Oval Card open.  For the background piece on the oval, I used the smaller oval shape in the die set then embossed it in the ECD Damask embossing folder.  It was glued to the center of the larger oval.  As you can see, on the front panel I added the rose I created, then added a small red heart which is also a die in the Accordion Oval Card die set. On one of the rose leaves I created a ladybug using Viva Paper Pens.

On the right (or inside) oval, I used ECD stickers (listed below).  For the card to look really complete, I die cut four of the red frames so all four panels are decorated.  These accordion cards do lay flat when closed as you can see in the top picture.  

The products used can be purchased from Elizabeth Craft Designs:

998 - Garden Notes - Rose 2
772 - Accordion Oval Card
777 - Oval Flourish Frame Edges
KB104 - Damask Embossing Folder
2577 - Gold Happy Birthday Stickers
1283 - Red/Gold Elegant Swirls Glitter Stickers


4 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love the Red!!

Glenda said...

I do like trying new card folds. This is lovely and I too love that bold red!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Wow- That looks like it was a lot of work! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...


Beautiful and VERY interesting!

Debi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails