Friday, June 22, 2012


Seems almost everyone in our family has a summer birthday.  This is a card I made for my granddaughter who just turned 15.  I didn't have time to work on a card today so thought you might like to see her card rather than nothing.  This card was made over a week ago and mailed and I did not make a list of all the dies I used.   I used a "retired" Marianne Design embossing folder for the background.  I have a box of previously made flowers that I used along with some Cheery Lynn leaves and Martha Stewart Branches.  The butterfly is from Memory Box and the sentiment is from JustRite.  On the inside, I created a pocket to include a gift card.  



 This is going to be a very busy summer for me.  Since Joan and I are going to CHA next month, we are thinking ahead for her August workshop. We are hoping to have all the projects designed before I leave to go out to see Joan.  After I get back from Indiana,  I will be going on vacation with my husband to visit our sons in San Diego and Phoenix. Since we are not having much sun here, we are looking forward to fun in the sun!   While I am away, there are some new releases I hope to have cards ready for, so if I miss some days posting, you'll know I am still busy designing for future exciting releases.  I hope you are having a great summer.  Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog.

13 comments:

Leanne ... said...

Very lovely card for your grandaughter Selme. I'm sure she will love it. "I Did"!

Sounds like your ready for a little down time and visits with your family. Well deserved! Have a GREAT time!
Hugs...Leanne

Payne Holler Cards said...

This is a gorgeous garden! She will love it..
Wow you have some busy time ahead but it all sounds like a blast (-;

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are one busy lady! This is gorgeous and I'm sure she will cherish it!

Abfabdesigns said...

Great Card as always x

Mihaela said...

Such a beautiful cards!!!

Anneke klerks said...

wou so very pretty, with those flowers

anneke

Sheila - Ginger said...

Such a very beautiful card for your dranddaughter Selma and I bet she loved it.
Oh what a busy time ahead for you but it will be lovely for you to have some 'me time' and hopefully some sunshine with your son after that. Well deserved too!!

Love Sheila xx

Glenda said...

Beautiful card girlfriend. Your granddaughter is going to love it! As always you put that little bit of extra love that puts your cards over the top!

Rita said...

What a beautiful card Selma. You never fail to amaze me. I bet your Grand-Daughter will love it too. Enjoy your Week-End. Hugs Rita xx

Fran said...

Such a beautiful card...love it!! Who wouldn't love to get that for your Bday? I also live in Washington & know what you mean about not much sunshine..oh well all the more time to stay inside & stamp..lol..love your blog..keep all the beautiful cards coming.

Sandy said...

Love it!! Absolutely gorgeous. Really so very pretty design.
Sandy

Sandy said...

Hey Selma - I just had to comment one more time. your flowers are absolutely gorgeous.
sandy

Memaw said...

Selma,

This is a beautiful card - those flowers are awesome. What a talant you have. I think I am going to be lucky enough to meet you at Joans in July and so looking forward to it.
Safe Journey this summer.
Judy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails